$50 INVESTMENT CLUB TO MEET: The $50 Investment Club will meet at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 3 at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The group is a partnership of members who pool as little as $50 each month to buy blue-chip and other highly rated, dividend-paying stocks. During the monthly meetings, on the first Wednesday of each month, the club discusses and compares information on stocks and votes on purchases and sales. For information, call John Spoerl, president, at (352) 597-7830 or Patrick Judd, treasurer, at (352) 397-3388.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Learn How to Start a New Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• 360 Marketing in a 24/7-365 World, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, Hudson Regional Park Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 9, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Commercial Insurance for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• How to Use Internet Marketing in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10, Hugh Embry Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Use Internet Marketing in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, Land O’Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’Lakes.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Dec. 29, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Jan. 2, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Jan. 3, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Jan. 4, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.