Hospital earns accreditation: Bayfront Health Brooksville was recently awarded a three-year term of accreditation in ultrasound as the result of an extensive review by the American College of Radiology. The accreditation is awarded to facilities meeting ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards. For information, visit BayfrontBrooksville.com.
Practice recognized for tobacco education: Access Health Care Physicians was recently recognized by Gulf Coast North Area Health Education Center for outstanding efforts to reduce the prevalence of tobacco dependence in the community. Gulf Coast North AHEC provides a wide range of health education programs, in particular the "Tools to Quit" program.
Hospital authorized to expand programs: Oak Hill Hospital recently received institutional accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education to increase its Graduate Medical Education programs from three to six beginning July 2018. The hospital currently offers GME programs in internal medicine, family medicine and transitional year. It has been authorized to expand with the addition of general surgery, anesthesia and emergency medicine. According to the Florida Department of Health, there is a critical statewide need for physicians and the expansion of GME programs can help alleviate the shortages. The program also will benefit the local community because studies show that many physicians practice where they complete their residency.
Business Blitz Challenge: Davis Family Hearing, a community partner of United Way of Hernando, recently issued a challenge to all Hernando County businesses to get involved and "Live United" through United Way of Hernando County’s Business Blitz Challenge during the month of June. Throughout June, Davis Family Hearing will match dollar-for-dollar contributions up to $5,000 from all local businesses that pledge their support to United Way’s Community Investment Campaign and identified programs through health, education and financial stability.
To participate, pledge your donation at UnitedWayHernadno.org/Challenge and accept the challenge, or drop in/drop off a contribution at the United Way office, 4028 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
All contributions remain in Hernando County. For information, call (352) 688-2026.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Tidal Brewing Company, 14311 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon June 15. Call Carmine Rufa, (352) 293-6106.
• Marina Rose Enterprises, Hernando Beach Marina, 4139 Shoal Line Blvd., Slip 18, Hernando Beach, 5:30 p.m. June 19. Call Randy Rossi, (352) 232-8128.
• Nature Coast Wealth Management, 5323 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon June 20. Call Bill Koenig, (352) 666-8668.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the "Take Your Business from Average to Amazing" Lunch and Learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 15 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The cost is $15 per person, includes lunch. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
OPERATION OUTREACH COMMITTEE: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Operation Outreach Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. June 19 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The committee is a group of volunteers and chamber members who mentor new chamber members. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
OFF THE CLOCK CONNECTIONS MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce’s monthly Off the Clock Connections Mixer will be at 5:30 p.m. June 21 at Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, 19348 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville.
The June mixer is sponsored by Our Generation Magazine. There is no cost to attend. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
Save the date
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the 2018 Hernando Untapped craft beer and wine festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 5 at American Aviation, 17076 Helicopter Drive, south of Brooksville.
The event includes live entertainment provided by the Bearded Brothers Band, breweries, wineries, food trucks, vendors and other activities.
Tickets go on sale in June. Tickets are $60 for VIP admission, $35 general and $10 designated driver. For tickets and information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5 to 6:45 p.m. June 12, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Professional Selling Techniques, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 18, Regency Park Branch Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Business, 1 to 3 p.m. June 26, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. June 15, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. June 18, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 18, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. June 19, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• HealthCare Monthly Networking Connection: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 19, the Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. The event is sponsored by Florida Department of Health in Hernando County. The speaker will be Donna Enos, Spring Hill Holistic Wellness Center. $15 for pre-registered members, $20 guests at the door. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. June 20, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. June 21, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 3131 13th Ave. North, FL 33713. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.