RESTAURANT DELIVERY SERVICES LAUNCHES: Bite Squad, an on-demand restaurant delivery service recently launched in Hernando County. The service will offer delivery from more than 25 area restaurants at launch. Customers can order from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Orders must be placed on the Bite Squad app or by visiting bitesquad.com. Delivery fees start at $2.99.
DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL SERVICES APPOINTED: Oak Hill Hospital appointed registered nurse Jennifer Topping as its new director of surgical services. Topping comes to the hospital from Sky Ridge Medical Center in Colorado, where she served as clinical director of surgical services. She has experience in telemetry and surgical services, including charge nurse and cardiovascular clinical nurse coordinator.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings in the coming week:
• Nature Coast Builders Association, 7391 Sunshine Grove Road, Brooksville, noon Sept. 12. Call Nita Melaugh, (352) 596-1114.
• Sparacia Witherell Family Winery & Vineyard, 21509 Snow Hill Road, Brooksville, 5 p.m. Sept. 13. Call Chris Sparacia, (352) 650-8466.
MARKETING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce’s Marketing Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee, which focuses on branding, will work to create new chamber-specific goals for the membership. For information about joining the committee, call Lindsay Cacciatore at (352) 796-0697.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Sept. 13 at Sparacia Witherell Family Winery & Vineyard, 21509 Snow Hill Road, Brooksville. Diplomats support and promote the chamber and its membership. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
NETWORKING COMMITTEE MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Networking Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 13 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Committee members meet to collaborate on ideas, and then decide which ideas to implement. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SCORE TO HOST FAST-TRACK PROGRAM: Pasco Hernando SCORE will host a fast-track program, "Game Changing Tactics for Small Businesses," designed for small businesses from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Residence Inn Marriott, 2101 Northpointe Parkway, Lutz. The program is free and open to the public. Learn from experienced executives and entrepreneurs who have built successful companies, and leave with an action plan to optimize performance. A continental breakfast will be provided. To register, visit pascohernando.score.org.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the third annual Hernando Untapped craft beer and wine festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 5 at Brooksville-Tampa Bay Airport, 15800 Flight Path Drive, south of Brooksville. The event includes live entertainment by the Bearded Brothers Band, breweries, wineries, food trucks, vendors and other activities. Tickets are $65 for VIP admission, $40 general and $15 designated driver. For tickets and information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. Sept. 11, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Start a Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 11, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Sept. 7, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Sept. 10, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 10, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Sept. 11, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• HealthCare Monthly Networking Connection: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 11, Meridian Senior Living/The Grand, 725 DeSoto Ave., Brooksville. The event is sponsored by Phdermatology. The speaker will be Nancy Makar, Pathways Counseling Center. $15 for pre-registered members, $20 guests at the door. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Sept. 12, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Sept. 13, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 3131 13th Ave. North, FL 33713. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.