ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY SALE: Cushman & Wakefield recently negotiated the sale of the Watermark at Trinity, a 97-unit, 84,217-square-foot senior living community in Trinity. Built in 2016, the Class A assisted-living and memory-care community sold for approximately $300,000 per unit. Allen McMurtry, Cushman & Wakefield’s executive director; and senior directors Paul Carr and David Kliewer represented the development collaboration comprised of Walt Chancey of Gulf Coastal Development, Ricky Rookis of Rookis Development and Watermark Retirement Communities in the sale.
BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCED: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Properties Group recently announced its partnership with Tampa Bay luxury home builder Marc Rutenberg. The Tampa Bay real estate firm will serve as the exclusive sales and marketing representative for Marc Rutenberg’s two new custom home communities coming soon. For information, call (888) 778-8258 or visit bhhsfloridaproperties.com.
CHAMBER NAMES ITS 2018 EMINENT PIONEER: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce recently awarded its Eminent Pioneer Award to Paula O’Neil, Pasco Clerk & Comptroller, for her 30-plus years of service to Pasco County. The award, presented at the chamber’s end-of-the-year banquet, was established to identify an individual who has demonstrated outstanding service to West Pasco County for more than 20 years. In addition to serving as Clerk & Comptroller since 2008, O’Neil also serves on a variety of boards, including Florida West Coast Credit Union, Florida Trust, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and Civitek.
JULY IS NATIONAL INDEPENDENT RETAILER MONTH: Rock the Boat Productions and several downtown New Port Richey businesses are joining together with independent businesses across the country during July to celebrate National Independent Retailer Month. The "shop local" campaign encourages consumers to shop at independent retailers, highlighting their social and economic impact. Several New Port Richey businesses will offer activities throughout July. For a list, visit facebook.com/rocktheboatproductions.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON: North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Membership Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 11 at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The guest speaker will be Dewey Mitchell, real estate professional. The cost is $20. Call (813) 994-8534 to RSVP.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, July 14 through Sept. 8. The program will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. July 11. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
Save the date
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION & COMMUNITY AWARDS BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host its 57th annual Membership Appreciation & Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. August 23 at St. Joseph’s parish center, 38750 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The event’s premier sponsor is Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
PEDC AWARDS AND TRADE SHOW: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual Awards and Trade Show Sept. 6 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. Sponsorship opportunities include: Presenting sponsors, $5,000; Gold sponsors, $3,000; Trade Show sponsors, $2,500; Silver sponsors, $1,500; and Bronze sponsors, $500. Call Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., July 16, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 18, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results Based Marketing for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 24, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 1 to 3 p.m. July 31, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Stadium restaurant and bar, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. Please note the change in meeting costs. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Tuesday prior to the meeting. Wednesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.