SUNCOAST TRAILSIDE BICYCLES OPENS SECOND SHOP: Suncoast Trailside Bicycles, based in Odessa, has opened a second full-service location at 16944 Vibrant Way, in Bexley by Newland Communities, Land O’ Lakes. Owner Geoff Lanier has been planning the new shop since Bexley opened in the fall of 2016. The community was developed with miles of trails for cycling, walking and jogging as well as a BMX pump track. In addition to offering tune-ups, repairs, sales and rentals, the shop will have cycling gear and clothing available for purchase. Bike rentals will be available in late summer or early fall. Lanier and his staff also are planning cycling and BMX clinics for bikers of all skill levels. The shop is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday; from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. For information, call (813) 749-0625.
CHAMBER WELCOMES NEW PRESIDENT: After an extensive search, Elizabeth "Liz" Juffin was named West Pasco Chamber of Commerce’s new chamber president, effective July 2. Juffin will replace Chip Wichmanowski, who announced his retirement earlier this year after serving as chamber president for more than five years. Juffin will be the third president in more than 20 years and the chamber’s first woman president. Originally from New Jersey, Juffin resided in south Florida for more than 18 years before taking the executive director/CEO position at the Natchitoches Area Chamber of Commerce in Louisiana. She has a marketing degree from Rider University. She will attend the annual banquet on June 15.
HOSPITAL NAMES EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR: Registered nurse Martha Therrien, of Zephyrhills, was named Employee of the Year at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills’ annual employee appreciation banquet, May 30. Therrien is a case manager in the hospital’s emergency department and has been with the organization for two and a half years.
NETWORKING GROUP OFFERS MEMBERSHIP PERKS IN JUNE: During the month of June, the West Pasco Business Association will offer special member benefits to those who join, including a $25 one-time fee waived, banner ad (linked to your website) on WPBA’s website for 30 days, your name in the quarterly brochure, and a discount on dodgeball team events. A breakfast will be held from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. June 8 at Marchman Technical College, 7825 Campus Drive, New Port Richey. Guest speakers include Clara Rose, Kristi Dale and Jennifer Bravo. A light breakfast will be served. For information, call (727) 934-0940 or visit wpba.biz.
CHAMBER’S ANNUAL AWARDS BANQUET: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce 74th-Annual Awards Banquet will be June 15 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Doors open for social hour at 6 p.m., dinner and program begins at 7 p.m. This year’s theme is "Turning Our Silver Into Your Gold," as the chamber recently celebrated 25 years of Business Development Week success. The event’s presenting sponsor is Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and Medical Center of Trinity. Tickets are $50 per person, table sponsors of eight are $500. For information or tickets, visit westpasco.com.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, June 18 through Aug. 13. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays at the Pasco EDC, 16506 Pointe Village Drive, Suite 101, Lutz. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. June 13. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
CHAMBER’S ANNUAL INSTALLATION AND AWARDS BANQUET: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 2018 Installation and Awards Banquet on June 29 at the Groves Golf and Country Club, 7924 Melogold Circle, Land O’Lakes. The reception (with cash bar) will be from 6 to 7 p.m., dinner and program from 7 to 9 p.m. Advance tickets are $50 per person, or two for $90 if purchased before June 27. Tickets after June 27 are $60 per person. For information, call (813) 909-0827.
Save the date
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION & COMMUNITY AWARDS BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host its 57th annual Membership Appreciation & Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. August 23 at St. Joseph’s parish center, 38750 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The event’s premier sponsor is Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
PEDC AWARDS AND TRADE SHOW: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual Awards and Trade Show Sept. 6 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. Sponsorship opportunities include: Presenting sponsors, $5,000; Gold sponsors, $3,000; Trade Show sponsors, $2,500; Silver sponsors, $1,500; and Bronze sponsors, $500. Call Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5 to 6:45 p.m. June 12, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Professional Selling Techniques, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 18, Regency Park Branch Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Business, 1 to 3 p.m. June 26, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Stadium restaurant and bar, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. Please note the change in meeting costs. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Tuesday prior to the meeting. Wednesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.