Medical Center gains national recognition
Gulf Coast Medical Center at 11528 U.S. 19, Port Richey, has received recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance for using the Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Home program, an evidence-based, patient-centered process that focuses on highly coordinated care and long-term participative relationships.
The PCMH is a model of health care delivery that aims to improve the quality and efficiency of care. PPC-PCMH identifies practices that promote partnerships between individual patients and their personal clinicians, instead of treating patient care as the sum of several episodic office visits.
To receive recognition, Gulf Coast Medical Center demonstrated the ability to meet the program's key elements embodying characteristics of the medical home.
Japan Relief Fund set up by local chamber
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce has established a Japan Relief Fund to provide aid to victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Sendai and surrounding communities of Northern Japan.
To contribute, makes checks payable to the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce. Indicate you would like the donation to go to "Japan Relief." Mail checks to the chamber at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills, FL 33542.
For information or to make a donation using a credit card, call (813) 782-1913.
Sensible Micro Corporation at 2339 Destiny Way, Odessa, a leading independent distributor of board level electronic components, announces the launch of its new website: sensiblemicro.com. For information, call toll-free, 1-877-992-1930.
Michelle Gorecki is the new marketing and communications manager at Sensible Micro Corporation, 2339 Destiny Way, Odessa.
Gorecki can be reached at (877) 992-1930, ext. 238.
The Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting/grand opening at noon today at RX Care Pharmacy, 38008 North Ave., Zephyrhills. For information call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Abby Hamilton will present Positive Principles workshops to teach how to stay positive in a negative world. All workshops will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the New Port Richey Recreation Center, 6630 Van Buren St., New Port Richey. The workshops are free and open to the public. Call (727) 841-4560 to sign up.
• Tuesday: "Life is Horrible Because My Closet is a Mess" — a word about finding peace in your situation.
• April 5: "When It Rains, Do You Take It Personally?" — a word about the most powerful smile snatcher.
• April 12: "Please Finish Your Story So I Can Talk" — a word about the power of listening.
• The second annual Chasco Fiesta Bowling Tournament will begin at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lane-Glo Bowl South, 8631 Old County Road 54, New Port Richey. The event is hosted by the West Pasco Young Professionals Group. Registration is $120 for a team of four. Single bowlers are welcome, you will be placed on a team. For information, call (727) 641-0575 or (727) 842-7651.
• The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host the 10th annual Chasco Fiesta Golf Tournament on Friday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. Individual entry fees are $100/corporate team packages (includes four players and tee sign) is $450. The cost includes lunch, green fees, cart, dinner and prizes. For information, call (727) 842-7651.
• The Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club of Zephyrhills will present the sixth annual Zephyrhills Scramble at 1 p.m. May 6 at the Silverado Golf and Country Club, 36841 Clubhouse Drive, Zephyrhills. Proceeds will benefit community services and programs of both organizations. The individual entry fee is $100. Sponsorships are available: Hole sponsor ($150), Team sponsor ($500) and Corporate sponsor ($750). For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.