TAMPA — Bright House Networks announced the winners of its annual regional business awards competition, recognizing companies that have impacted the bay area with their products, services and leadership.
• VetCor Services of Tampa won in the startup category (company younger than three years). The firm provides water damage restoration services.
• My Pet's Hospital of Lakeland won in the small-business category (five to 25 employees). The veterinary hospital provides a full range of services.
• Tudi Mechanical Systems of Tampa won in the medium-business category (26 to 100 employees). The company is a heating- and air-conditioning repair service company.
• Geographic Solutions Inc. of Palm Harbor won in the large-business category (101 to 500 employees). The company designs, develops and maintains Web-based systems for the workforce development and unemployment insurance industries.
• Aspire EDU Inc. of Tampa won the innovation award. The firm analyzes data to identify students at the highest risk of dropping out or failing course work and to identify the best practices to maximize student performance.
Bright House awarded $1 million in prizes, which included commercial TV production, air time, cash and more.
The awards were presented Thursday at the Tampa Convention Center.