Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham at 7839 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, was recently recognized as one of the Top 25 Bargain Hotels in the United States by leading travel ratings and reviews on the website TripAdvisor and its 2013 Travelers' Choice awards.
Now in its 11th year, the annual TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards honor the world's best hotels, earning the distinction from actual travelers. The awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions from travelers around the world.
To see the 2013 Travelers' Choice winners, visit tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice. For information about Microtel, visit microtelinn.com or call toll-free 1-800-337-0057.
• • •
Mousethruthehouse.com recently presented its first Diamond award to Lennar, signifying that its model-home video tours have been seen by more than 10,000 prospective home buyers on mousethruthehouse.com, a website that provides home shoppers with free video tours of hundreds of model homes throughout central Florida.
Currently, more than 50 Lennar model home-video tours are featured on the site. Mousethruthehouse.com is a division of John Heagney Public Relations, a real estate public relations firm in Hudson. For information, call (727) 942-2718 or email John@johnhpr.com.
• • •
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, was recently awarded full Level II Trauma Center designation by the Florida Department of Health. The designation marks the end of a year-long provisional period and commitment to trauma care that began in 2009.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only trauma center in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. For information, visit RMCHealth.com or HeartofTampa.com.
• • •
Nominations for 2013 King Pithla and Queen Chasco are being accepted. Nominations should be emailed to Sylvia Perez, executive director at the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, at SPerez@lvib.org. The deadline is Feb. 22. For information, call Tina Shelton, event chairwoman, at (727) 439-0516.
The 28th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will begin at 6 p.m. April 5 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event is hosted by the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind.
The ball, a black tie event and the kickoff to the Chasco Fiesta, is held to recognize local philanthropy and to crown a King Pithla and Queen Chasco, two community leaders who give of their time and talents to the many nonprofit organizations in the community.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. Tickets are $100 per person. For information or to RSVP, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or email@example.com.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco recruitment chairwoman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Associates recently announced the new additions to its board leadership and executive committee.
Linda Ward, president and chief executive officer of Gulfside Regional Hospice, was elected to a two-year term as president of the organization's board of directors. Rana McClelland, executive director of Compassionate Care Hospice, was elected secretary.
Tom Barb, president and chief executive officer of HPH Hospice, was elected treasurer. Mary Ellen Poe, president and chief executive officer of Hospice of Marion County, became the organization's immediate past president and will remain on the executive committee for two more years.
Kathy Fernandez, president and chief executive officer of Chapters Health Systems, will remain as internal vice president. Samira K. Beckwith, president and chief executive officer of Hope Healthcare Services, remains external vice president.
Ron Fried, senior vice president of development of VITAS Innovative Healthcare, will serve as public policy committee chairman. Cathy Adkison, president and chief executive officer of Big Bend Hospice, was confirmed as chairwoman of the newly developed funding committee.
Susan deCuba, executive vice president and president-elect of Treasure Coast Hospice, was confirmed chairwoman of the newly created quality committee.
For information, visit floridahospices.org or call (850) 878-2632.
• • •
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for January:
Realtor Sherrie Mauzy won the "Top Selling Agent by Volume" and "Top Selling Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Carolyn Hill won the "Top Listing Agent by Volume" award.
Realtor Randal Jenkins won the "Top Listing Agent by Units" and "Top Producing Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Wilma Lee won the "Top Producing Agent by Volume" award.
For information, call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 495-2424.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• "How to Use the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 19, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 23, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 26, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 26, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Create a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its quarterly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
The speaker will be Pasco schools superintendent Kurt S. Browning.
The cost is $11 per person, which includes beverage, tax and gratuity. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at West Bay Homes, 6517 Bradford Ct., Wesley Chapel.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cutting ceremonies during the coming week:
• Pasco County Foster/Adoptive Parent Association, at the chamber office, 5443 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Riverside Baptist Church, 6219 River Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
Calusa Business & Professional Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Seven Springs Golf and Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. Guests should enter via the double glass doors directly across from the Golf Pro Shop. This month's program speaker will be Karin Weinberg, with Miche Bag.
BPW luncheons are open to the public, and guests are welcome. Meals are $12.95 per person. For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassadors Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 18 at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson.
The event is sponsored by Bob Memoli, Florida Luxury Realty. The cost is $10 per person (cash only), and includes tax, gratuity and beverage. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber at (727) 863-5808.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Applebee's Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Applebee's, 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Synergy Ad Specialties. Cost is $12. For reservations, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.