GRAND OPENING: Dollar General recently celebrated the grand opening of its newest location at 8638 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
The first 50 adult customers received $10 Dollar General gift cards, and the first 200 shoppers received tote bags and other giveaways.
The store is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. For information, contact William Lemmon, store manager, at (727) 478-0221.
KNOWLEDGEPOINTS TUTORING CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: KnowledgePoints Tutoring, a locally owned and operated education provider for grades kindergarten through 12, recently celebrated its fifth anniversary.
An open house will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday in October. During October, as part of the celebration, free diagnostic testing will be offered. In addition, current and new customers will receive a discount if they prepay. Learn how to help your student improve grades and test scores.
For information, call (813) 909-0781.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HUNGRY HOWIE'S GOES PINK FOR BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION: Hungry Howie's kicked off its fifth annual Love, Hope & Pizza campaign on Oct. 1 to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
During October, the restaurant will go pink with large pizzas being served in pink boxes with the NBCF logo.
For every story shared on Facebook, every new Facebook fan, every picture tagged #LOVEHOPEPIZZA and every large pizza purchased, Hungry Howie's will make a donation to NBCF. Supporters may also purchase $1 Love, Hope & Pizza wristbands with all proceeds going to NBCF.
For information, visit hungry howies.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
NEW CONSTRUCTION MANAGER: David L. Gude was recently appointed construction manager for the Tampa Division of William Ryan Homes, which builds in communities throughout the Tampa Bay area including Pasco and Polk counties.
Gude will be responsible for all planning, budget forecasting, staffing, trade relations and construction operations in the Tampa Bay area. He also will have complete control of the builder's construction and warranty operations in the region.
For information, visit William RyanHomes.com.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Pooch Parlor, at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills, from 5 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
• North Tampa Behavioral Health, 29910 Florida State Road 56, Wesley Chapel, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The event will include a grand opening celebration from 5 to 7 p.m.
For information, contact Pat Pennington at the chamber, at (813) 782-1913.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at the Pay It Forward Farm, 16625 Laura Lee Drive, Shady Hills, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Light lunch will be served.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651
FREE BUSINESS WORKSHOP: The Small Business Development Center will offer the "How to Start Your Small Business" workshop at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Leo University's Donald R. Tapia School of Business, 33701 State Road 52, Saint Leo. To register, visit SBDCTampaBay.com/training. For information, call toll-free, 1-888-929-2221.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Nominations are now being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth.Sponsorships are available.
Contact Craig McCart at (727) 834-5479.
HARVEST FESTIVAL/BUSINESS EXPO: The 10th annual Harvest Festival/Business Expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 2 at Zephyr Park, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The free event is a faith and family event offering live Christian entertainment, exhibitors and businesses, in addition to food, games, giveaways and family fun.
For information, call (813) 317-4975 or email mirroringthe email@example.com.
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.