VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to mentor small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HUNGRY HOWIE'S GOES PINK FOR NATIONAL BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION: Hungry Howie's kicked off its fifth annual Love, Hope & Pizza campaign on Oct. 1 to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
During October, large pizzas will be served in pink boxes with the National Breast Cancer Foundation logo. For every story shared on Facebook, every new Facebook fan, every picture tagged #LOVEHOPEPIZZA and every large pizza purchased, Hungry Howie's will make a donation to the foundation. Supporters may also purchase $1 Love, Hope & Pizza wristbands with all proceeds going to the foundation.
Visit hungryhowies.com for information.
HONEYBAKED HAM FIGHTS TO 'FOIL' BREAST CANCER: For the first time in 55 years, the HoneyBaked Ham Co. is changing its iconic gold foil to pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. HoneyBaked and the National Breast Cancer Foundation are partnering in October to "foil" breast cancer.
In addition, the HoneyBaked Ham Co. and Cafe, 4638 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, will donate $1 from each ham sale in October to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation's local mammography program. Call (352) 592-2994 for information.
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services. The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a counseling session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Mariner Auto Repair, 5234 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, at noon Tuesday. Call Ryan Schrader, (352) 684-7877.
• Marine Corps League Spring Hill Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville, at noon Wednesday. Call Commandant Marion Kelley, (352) 597-7979.
LIGHTHOUSE CELEBRATES 30 YEARS: Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind will have an open house and White Cane Awareness Barbecue from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday at 6492 California St., south of Brooksville.
To RSVP, call (352) 754-1132 or send email to email@example.com.
CLASS ON BULLYING: Just for Kicks Karate, 7257 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, will offer a free bullying class at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. Saturday.
For information, call Fred Payne, (727) 645-8749, or visit justforkickskarate.webs.com.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Oct. 15, Lykes Memorial Library Brooksville main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Tips for Successful Grant Writing," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 26, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and get additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the "Disney on Leadership" series at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The series, presented by Royce Decker, reviews past, present and future business practices that have made the Disney name synonymous with exemplary products and services. The goal is to provide a solid foundation for customer service, loyalty and satisfaction.
• Session 2 will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday or from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 29.
• Session 3 will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 5 or from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Session 4 will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 13 or from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Dec. 17.
The cost for chamber members is $15 per class or $45 for the four-part series. The cost for nonmembers is $20 or $65 for the series. Register online at hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Networking at Noon luncheon at noon Friday at Coney Island Drive Inn, 1112 E Jefferson St., Brooksville. The cost is $15 per member. Reservations are required by Wednesday. Receive a $2 discount if registering online. RSVP online at hernandochamber.com/events. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast. Call Ralph Vitola at (352) 796-2676.
Women Building Women: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Thursday grand lounge on the second floor at Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. The cost is $3 and includes a continental breakfast. Guest speaker: Teri Weaver, A Greener Lifestyle for Our Pets. To RSVP, call (352) 345-3597 no later than Monday.
Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday at IHOP, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Attendees may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.
Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Committee will meet at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Call Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451 or Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000.