VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to mentor small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
NEW HOSPITAL EXECUTIVE CHEF: Rolando LaTorraca has been appointed executive chef at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill.
LaTorraca has been in the food service industry for more than 25 years with hands-on cooking and management experience as a restaurant owner, in health care and at acute care hospitals, and in the corporate dining and corrections industries.
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services.
The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and receive additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 14, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• "How to Use the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, Room 151, New Port Richey.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.