FreightCenter.com, a provider of freight shipping technology and logistics services in Trinity, was recently recognized by two business organizations for growth and development.
FreightCenter.com received Business Leader's 2011 Top 300 Small Businesses of the South award for revenue growth, business achievements and civic contributions. Additionally, FreightCenter.com picked up its second consecutive Fast 50 awards presented by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. The award recognizes the fastest growing privately held companies in the Tampa Bay area.
For information, call (727) 450-7800.
• • •
The Gulf Coast Medical Center announces that it has met all criteria for Laboratory Accreditation by COLA, a national health care accreditation organization. COLA is a nonprofit, physician-directed organization promoting quality and excellence in medicine and patient care through programs of voluntary education, achievement and accreditation.
Accreditation is given only to laboratories that apply rigid standards of quality in day-to-day operation, demonstrate continued accuracy in the performance of proficiency testing, and pass a rigorous on-site laboratory survey.
The center has two locations in Port Richey, at 11528 U.S. 19 and 9238 U.S. 19. For information, call (727) 868-2151.
• • •
Directions for Mental Health recently expanded its mental health services into Pasco County. The new office is at 5642 Meadow Lane in New Port Richey.
Carol Kinnard with Commercial Asset Partners Realty, facilitated the real estate transaction. "Their new location in the city affords easy access by patients as well as other medical providers in the area," said Kinnard.
Directions for Mental Health is a nonprofit organization, employing more than 220 staff members and serving approximately 10,000 annually.
For information, call Kinnard at (727) 376-4900.
• • •
Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce is holding a "Name Your Chamber Newsletter" contest. Chamber membership is required to enter.
Members can enter up to five names. The winner will receive recognition in the August newsletter, a free breakfast pass for the winner and a friend, and six months of free advertising in the newsletter.
Submissions will be rated on the following five criteria: "catch" quality, originality, professionalism, reflection on chamber (positive/professional/proactive), and representative of chamber news contest (membership/business/community).
Entry forms must be submitted by Friday. To obtain a contest form, visit www.zephyrhillschamber.org.
• • •
The Community Service Council of West Pasco is again assisting Operation Shoebox with a committee headed up by council member Linda Clements.
From now until Sept. 8, the council will accept donations of personal items, snacks and games to send in care packages to U.S. troops stationed overseas. The group will also accept checks for $10.70 to cover postage for each box sent.
Items can be dropped off at these locations:
• Raymond James & Associates offices in Hudson, Port Richey, New Port Richey, Holiday and Tampa.
• The Dade City utility office.
• The Bayshore Health & Homemaker in Holiday.
• Beltone Hearing Center in Trinity.
• Hudson locations include Atria Baypoint Village, Jennifer Gardens assisted living facility, Pasco Kids First, Republic Bank and Windsor Woods.
• New Port Richey locations include Ken Sisco Painting, La Casa Grande, Minuteman Press of New Port Richey, Pasco County Utilities, Republic Bank and Oak View Terrace.
• Port Richey locations include Prudential Realty and Operation Shoebox.
For information on the Community Service Council, call president Sero Singh at (727) 863-7866.
Constance "Connie" F. Bladon has been appointed executive director of Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel's Foundation.
Bladon has spent her career in the financial services industry, most recently as a vice president with Synovus Bank in its business banking division, serving Hillsborough and Pasco counties.
Bladon is past president of the Rotary Club of New Tampa and serves on the boards of New Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Friends of the Library, and the New Tampa Rotary Foundation. She also has served on the executive committee for Relay for Life, New Tampa and on the board of Outreach Assisting Students in Schools.
Bladon can be reached at [email protected]
• • •
Ann Sullivan, a member of the West Pasco Legal Support Association, was recently awarded her recertification certificate in wills, trusts and estate through the Florida Association of Legal Support Specialists. She also received continuing legal education award hours for attending legal education seminars in excess of 50 hours.
Sullivan is employed by Arnstein & Lehr LLP in Tampa.
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 will present an interactive workshop, "Business Plan Made Easy," from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at the SCORE office, 6014 U.S. 19, Suite 302, New Port Richey.
The workshop is for those interested in starting a business as well as those already in business and needing a comprehensive business plan. Learn how to create your own business model and business plan using the four software tools covered in the interactive workshop.
As part of the $20 registration fee, attendees will receive the ToolKit CD containing the software and a copy of Dick Hall's new book, The Good Idea and Good Resources Business Plan Workbook.
The workshop is limited to eight. For information, call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638 or visit pascohernando.score.org and select "Workshops & Events."
• • •
The West Pasco Legal Support Association will meet at 5 p.m. Monday at IHOP restaurant, 4736 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
The event includes dinner and a meet and greet. The guest speaker will be Andy Lyons of Lyons Law Group, who will discuss foreclosure litigation.
Attendees receive Florida Bar-approved CLE (continuing legal education) hours. WPLSA meets on the third Monday of each month.
To RSVP, call Marcy Nolan, secretary, at (727) 271-6777.
• • •
The firm Independent Financial Services announces the opening of its new office at 20635 Amberfield Drive, Suite 102, Land O'Lakes. An open house will be held from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, with an official ribbon-cutting by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at 10 a.m.
The new office allows Independent Financial Services to expand its presence into the communities of Wesley Chapel, Land O'Lakes and New Tampa. While the address is new, the phone numbers remain the same. Both new and existing clients can reach the office at (813) 908-2701 or toll-free at 1-888-811-1817.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the Stadium, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., New Port Richey.
The event is sponsored by Advanced Restoration. The menu includes a cheeseburger, fish sandwich (fried or broiled cod), chicken sandwich (fried or grilled), or 10 chicken wings, all served with fries and coleslaw; or a chef or Greek salad. Daily specials will also be available. The cost is $10 and includes tax and gratuity.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have the following ribbon-cuttings next week:
• USA Savings Club Fundraising Program, 7820 Congress St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Carol Bruckler, (727) 483-6872.
• Morton Plant Caring Partners, 5424 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Cheryl Chmura, (727) 841-4623.
• Crazy Eddie's Benchwarmers Sports Bar & Grill, 6431 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Renea Meurlott, (727) 645-6903.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its quarterly chamber dinner from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Seven Springs Golf and Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey.
The social hour will be from 5:30 to 6 p.m. with a cash bar. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. The speaker will be Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco, who will discuss intelligence-led policing, his strategic plan and the prescription drug problem.
The cost is $15 per person and includes tax and gratuity. For information or to RSVP, call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Heritage Park, 37135 Coleman Ave., Dade City.
For information, call (352) 567-8615.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to [email protected] or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Suncoast Women in Networking (WIN): Luncheon meeting, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet Restaurant, directly behind Chili's, 1550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet on the third Tuesday of each month for breakfast, but in July and December, the group meets for lunch. For information or to RSVP, call Myrtle Masten at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Network: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Windsor Woods, 13707 Dallas Drive, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. To reserve a seat, call Abby Hamilton at (813) 817-1905.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is a pool of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. For information, visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are on the first and third Tuesday of each month. For information, e-mail [email protected]
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. A full breakfast will be served at no cost. The group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Individuals pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn & Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Josh Green at (727) 457-2393.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or to RSVP, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connections: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel NPI Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. The group meets for breakfast every Thursday. For information, call Jeff Miller, president, at (813) 994-6795.