• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Bob Evans Restaurant, 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, just south of Gulf View Square. The business networking group, hosted by Superior Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is composed of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit westpascobusiness association.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at various member locations. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco County. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Lori Felber, president, at (727) 863-5808 for location information.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn & Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel NPI Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. The group meets for breakfast every Thursday. For information, call Jeff Miller, president, at (813) 994-6795.
• Applebee's Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Applebee's, 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Synergy Ad Specialties. Cost is $12 per person. For reservations, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• West Pasco Young Professionals: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are $11 per person. Make checks out to the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce. Reserve by Wednesday. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. Call Julie Rogers at (727) 243-3578.
Pasco Regional Medical Center celebrated the opening of its new gift shop, Treasures & Trinkets Gift Shop, on Nov. 4. The gift shop is just inside the main hospital entrance at 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City.
The shop will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays. For information, call Susan Frimmel at (352) 521-1176.
• • •
Kiefer Village Jewels, at 24144 State Road 54, Lutz, and 37850 Meridian Ave., Dade City, will raffle off a pair of tickets to the midnight release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 at the Grove 16 Theatre and CineBistro in Wesley Chapel, from Monday to Nov. 13.
The winner will be announced on Nov. 14. Both the Lutz and Dade City locations will showcase a line of Twilight-inspired jewelry. For information, visit www.kvjewels.com.
Marshall Gray, president of M/I Homes' Tampa Division, received two top honors by the Tampa Bay Builders Association during the recent installation and awards ceremony. Gray was named the 2011 Builder of the Year and was installed as TBBA's 2012 president.
Other officers for 2012 who were installed include: Joe Fontana of Ryland Homes, president-elect; Kelly Bosetti of CEA Marketing, first vice president; Willy Nunn of Homes by WestBay, treasurer; and Andrea Johnson of Parksite, secretary.
The Associate of the Year award for 2011 was presented to Shawn Eckley of BB&T, and Remodeler of the Year went to Bob Nixon of Nixon Construction.
The 2011 Chris Demaio President's Cup was awarded to the St. Petersburg Times, and Teri McGinnis of the TBBA staff received the Joseph Narkiewicz award.
For information, call (727) 942-2718.
• • •
The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce announced its community awards and new officers during its annual banquet on Oct. 27.
The following awards are nominated by chamber members and the winner is based on a majority vote. Dr. Randy Stovall, Pasco-Hernando Community College, was presented with the Business Leader of the Year award; the Florida Hospital Zephyrhills received the Large Business of the Year award; Dade City Realty received the Small Business of the Year award; the Dade City Woman's Club received the Civic Association of the Year award; and Jimmy Adcock with Tampa Electric Co. received the Citizen of the Year award.
The following two awards are nominated by the full board of directors and the winner is based on a majority of votes. Eugenia Parlow received the Ambassador of the Year award, and Bonnie Krummen with CenterState Bank received the Chamber Member of the Year award.
The Richard Tombrink Lifetime Achievement award nominees are nominated by the awards committee and the winner is selected by the full board of directors. Wilton Simpson with Simpson Environmental received the Tombrink Achievement award.
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "Introduction to Quickbooks," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville. Designed for individuals planning to start a business who have not yet set up a record-keeping system.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road. Learn an eight-step process of key activities needed to allow you to use the technology in almost any business.
• "How to Really Start your own Business," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St. Learn key issues to start your own business.
• "How to Successfully Obtain a Business Loan," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. Learn how to obtain business capital from local banks and/or the Small Business Administration.
• "How to Market in this Economy," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. Learn how to write a sales and marketing plan, profile your customers and more.
• "Starting a Home Business," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. Learn to start making money on the Internet.
To register, visit score439.org and select "workshops and events." For information, call (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce has scheduled these ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Humana Market Point, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite D-4, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Tampa Bay Insurance, 2402 Merchant Ave., Odessa, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• PACE Center for Girls of Pasco County, 12200 U.S. 19, Hudson, 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Florida Joint Care Institute, 2165 Little Road, Trinity, 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Community Service Council of West Pasco will hold its regular membership luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The cost is $12 per person. Visit communityservicecouncil.org to make a reservation.
The organization consists of professional leaders and individuals building friendships that provide networking opportunities for their businesses. For information, call council president Sero Singh at (727) 863-7866.
• • •
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Friday in observance of Veterans Day.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will meet from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The feature presentation, which begins at 10:30 a.m., will be a country fair, including door prizes, baked goods, a dollar table, silent and live auctions and more. The luncheon, beginning at 11:30 a.m., will be followed by speaker Barbara Moss, who will talk about "Detours and Destinations."
The group is composed of and is open to businesswomen, working or retired. The cost is $15 and includes country fair, speaker and luncheon. Reserve your spot by Nov. 12 by calling Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873.
• • •
The fifth annual "Sleek & Sexy" Night will begin at 7 o'clock Nov. 18 at the Phi Delta Kappa Banquet Hall, 11301 Phi Delt Way, Odessa (on State Road 54 behind Pappas Ranch).
This year's event has a Vegas theme and Vegas-style entertainment. It is a fundraiser for the Center for Independence and the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Group's charity and scholarship fund.
The event, presented by Bob Memoli with Florida Luxury Realty, will feature a special feature performance by the Junior Service League's "Dancing With the Local Stars" dancers, premium hors d'oeuvres by Lonzalos, silent auction, photo booth, music and dancing.
There also will be a grand prize raffle to win a designer diamond necklace by Gabriel, valued at more than $1,200 and donated by DeLuca's Fine Jewelry; and contests for the sexiest eyes, hair, smile and shoes.
Tickets are $35 per person or $50 per couple if purchased in advance. Tickets are $45 per person at the door.
For information or tickets, call Angel Cook at (727) 457-4849.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to email@example.com or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos will be published as space permits.