Apex Floor & Furniture Care, a carpet and rug care company in Spring Hill, was recently approved to join the WoolSafe-Approved Service Provider network.
The WoolSafe organization is dedicated to the care and cleaning of wool carpets, rugs and upholstery. After completing specialized training provided by the organization and meeting certain criteria, Apex was invited to become a part of the group.
Contact owners Jackie or Ron Wood at (352) 556-4012.
NEW OFFICERS: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Society of Accountants has elected officers for the 2013-14 term.
They include Barbara Kight, president; Bill Nemec, vice president; Barbara Tremblay, secretary; and Linda Walters, treasurer. In addition, CPA Roger Jacobs has been elected as Florida Society of Accountants state director. Installation is Thursday.
NEW DIRECTOR: Heartland of Brooksville, 575 Lamar Ave., Brooksville, recently welcomed Carly Theilen as its new admissions director.
Previously, Theilen, who has been in the health care and the senior living industry for more than three years, was the marketing director for the Grand in Brooksville and for Spring Oaks, west of Brooksville.
For information, call (352) 799-2226.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• For Each 1 Reach 1 Mentoring Program, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Tuesday. Call Lynette Mackey, (352) 556-2768.
• Bayada Home Health Care, 326 W Jefferson St., Brooksville, noon Thursday. Call Deanna Martinez, (352) 796-2200.
IMPROVE GOOGLE RANKINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida, will offer "Search Engine Optimization: 15 Steps to Improve Your Google Rankings" from 2 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Presenter Mark Narus, a certified business analyst, will teach basic SEO terms, how to use free SEO tools, and steps to optimize site content and build popularity. The cost is $60 per person. For information or to register, visit hernandochambers.com/events.
ACCOUNTANTS MEET: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Society of Accountants will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
Speaker Fred Peters, a certified public accountant, will conduct a roundtable discussion on Florida sales tax and related state matters. RSVP to Linda Walters at (352) 796-1233 by Wednesday.
REPUBLICAN BUSINESS LEADERS: The Republican Business Leaders Club of Hernando County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Friday at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill.
The club is open to retired and current business owners, managers and anyone who has made a payroll and created jobs. Call Blaise Ingoglia at (352) 686-8200.
The Hernando Youth Initiative Workforce Transition Team invites individuals, ages 18 to 25, to register for "Ready-4-Success," a three-day workshop to help prepare people for the workplace.
The event will begin at 8 a.m. Aug. 9, 10 and 16 at Career Central, 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. It will end at various times in the afternoon.
Topics include self-awareness, career exploration, goal setting, communication skills, customer service, resume creation, interviewing skills, professional dress and grooming, how to make and manage money, and steps to success.
Only 30 seats are available. To RSVP, send email to Dawn Easter at email@example.com with your name and phone number. You will receive a response with a detailed agenda and instructions to mail a $10 registration fee for processing. For information, contact Easter, the Workforce Transition Team chairwoman, at (352) 200-3034.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 27, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council certified production technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The council provides an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by production workers. The certified production technician training program course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications.
Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
For information and to register, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a leadership certificate program, designed to develop mid-level professionals for greater leadership roles, from 8 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Aug. 1 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC's director of corporate training. The cost for chamber members is $599; for nonmembers, $799.
Applications are available online at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity.Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett: (352) 345-1377.
• The Referral Institute and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce are partnering to offer the certified networker program, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and continuing weekly through July 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The program, presented by Tiffanie Kellog, is a training system for building a referral-based marketing strategy. The cost is $1,197, which can be paid in three payments of $399. Participants may attend a single module for $99. To register, call Kellog toll-free at 1-888-282-8649.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast. Call Ralph Vitola at (352) 796-2676.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its June After Hours Mixer at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at this month's sponsor, Tracers Information Specialists, 15470 Flight Path Drive, south of Brooksville. Call Deborah Burge, (877) 723-2689. RSVP online at hernandochamber.com/events.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests welcome. People attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.