VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers. Put your business skills to work helping local businesses by volunteering. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "volunteer."
Dr. David Kimmel from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry in Bayonet Point, provided facial anatomy and aesthetics training to dental and medical professionals in Atlanta on June 20-22.
Kimmel served as director and instructor during the 3-day lecture and hands-on course. Kimmel can be reached at (727) 862-8513.
• • •
Dr. Ahad Mahootchi of the Eye Clinic of Florida in Zephyrhills, has won both the Compassionate Physician Award and the Patient's Choice Award for 2012, given by PatientsChoice.org.
The award is given by the organization after tallying votes from patients about their experiences with doctors and their staff.
This year marks the fourth and sixth consecutive years respectively that Mahootchi has won the awards. For information, visit SeeBetterFlorida.com or call (813) 779-3338.
• The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Coastal Spine and Rehab Center, 12100 Cobble Stone Drive, Suite 3, Bayonet Point. Call Dr. Theresa Crandall, (727) 862-3509.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Paradise Palms Chiropractic & Spa, 19011 N Dale Mabry Highway, in the Greystone Professional Center, Lutz. For information, call Meredith or Leona at the chamber office, (813) 909-2722.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers.
The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent reimbursement for training costs through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
For registration or information, call (727) 816-3123.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce: Meet the Chamber Gator Hunters Mixer at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Beef 'O' Brady's, 21539 Village Lakes Shopping Center Drive, Land O' Lakes. The event is hosted by Larry D.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email [email protected]
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Benchwarmers at Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Benchwarmers at Whiskey River, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A' Tax & Accounting Services. The cost is $10. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
• Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce: Monthly mixer, 5 p.m. Thursday at 12410 U.S. 301, Dade City. The event is sponsored by Wilson's Tractor and Supply. To RSVP, call (352) 567-3769.