OUTPATIENT INFUSION CENTER OPENS: Gulf Coast Medical Center has opened an Outpatient Infusion Center at its 11522 U.S. 19 location in Port Richey.
Dr. Adam Grunbaum has extensive experience in providing infusions for the treatment of rheumatoid, gouty and psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and other conditions.
For information, call (727) 868-2151 or visit gcmc1.com.
HOSPITAL ACCREDITATION: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson recently announced that it has been awarded a three-year reaccreditation in nuclear medicine as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology. Nuclear medicine is the branch of medical imaging that uses radioactive material to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions. The ACR gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers. Put your business skills to work helping local businesses by volunteering. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
PHCC ADMINISTRATORS ACCEPT NEW POSITIONS: Four Pasco-Hernando Community College administrators have accepted new administrative positions, including Stanley M. Giannet, Ph.D.; Bonnie Clark, Ed.D.; Donna Burdzinski and Bob Bade.
Giannet, former North Campus provost, has been named provost of PHCC's fifth full-service campus, Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch in Wesley Chapel.
Clark, former associate provost of the Spring Hill Campus, has been promoted to provost of the Spring Hill Campus.
Burdzinski, former dean of student enrollment and retention, has been named associate provost of the North Campus.
Bade, former associate dean of student activities and engagement, has been named dean of student development and enrollment management.
HOSPITAL APPOINTS CHIEF NURSING OFFICER: Registered nurse Tanya Simpson was recently appointed chief nursing officer at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson. Simpson comes to the hospital from Northwest Medical Center in Margate, where she served as associate chief nursing officer. She has also served as assistant vice president of the Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
HOMEBUILDER WELCOMES NEW VP: Jeff Huebner has joined Avex Homes in Wesley Chapel as its vice president of construction. Huebner has more than 25 years of experience in the homebuilding industry and significant vendor relationships.
TOP AGENTS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for July:
Jill Smith received the Top Selling Agent by Volume and the Top Selling Agent by Units awards.
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski, Rebecca Duffy and Tricia Shade received the Top Listing Agents by Volume and the Top Listing Agents by Units awards.
Lynette Krull received the Top Producing Agent by Volume and the Top Producing Agent by Units awards.
For information, call office manager Kelly Parker-Powell at (727) 495-2424.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Thunder Bay Builders, at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Palace Grand, 275 Della Court, Spring Hill. This is a joint ribbon-cutting with the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce. Call Joseph Cortes, (877) 215-7463.
• Crosstown Hair Company, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 7217 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Patricia Aungst, (727) 372-8312.
• DJ's Concepts A Stitch Above, at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at 8127 State Road 52, Hudson. Call David and Judy Jones, (727) 862-1700.
CALUSA BPW: Calusa Business & Professional Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Seven Springs Golf and Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. Guests should enter via the double glass doors directly across from the golf pro shop.
Guest speaker: Christy Crump, president of the Florida Federation of BPW. Guests are welcome. Meals are $12 per member/$13 per guest. For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
WOMEN AND MONEY: The monthly Women and Money meeting, sponsored by Brighton Gardens of Tampa and Cooper Financial Services, will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at Brighton Gardens, 16702 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.
August's topic is retirement income. To RSVP, email [email protected] or call (813) 996-6100.
AMBASSADOR LUNCHEON: Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador's luncheon/workshop at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at BlackStones Reef & Grill, 38361 County Road 54 East, Zephyrhills. For information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org or call (813) 782-1913.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 22, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Save the date
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces its fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills. For information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce: Monthly chamber membership luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, New Port Richey. The speaker is state Sen. Wilton Simpson who will give a Legislative update for 2013. Cost: $12, includes beverage, tax and gratuity. (727) 842-7651.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly general membership meeting at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Harbor Terrace Restaurant at Heritage Harbor, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. The cost is $15 at the door. Guest speaker: state Sen. John Legg.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the CARES Rao Musunuru M.D. Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson. Breakfast will be provided free. For a reservation, call Teri Nichols at (352) 796-6000. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly chamber mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Westbrooke Manor Assisted Living and Memory Support, 6701 Dairy Road in Zephyrhills. For information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.