Oak Hill Hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, has announced its "stars" — associates of the month — for March.
They are Jessica Kekovich and Judith Radke.
Kekovich, a licensed practical nurse, joined the hospital in September 2004 and works in the progressive care unit.
Radke, a registered nurse, works in the intensive care and cardiovascular intensive care units, caring for post-open heart surgical patients.
• • •
Juan Triana was recently appointed chief compliance officer for Access Healthcare, 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
Triana replaces Lynda Dilts-Benson, who was promoted to chief quality officer. Previously, Triana was the regulatory audit supervisor and educator and the corporate privacy officer for Access.
The Dentist Place for Kids, 12005 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, will offer free dental services for children under the age of 15 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Services include cleanings, X-rays, exams and additional assistance. The goal of the staff is to improve the oral health of children who may not otherwise receive basic dental care as part of the Give Kids a Smile program.
Patients will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 40 children are guaranteed to be seen. For information, call (352) 596-5063.
The Florida Small Business Development Center Network is bringing four experts to Hernando County to help serve the growing needs of business owners with free consulting until June 16 at the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Consulting about Internet marketing, accounting and taxes, health care practices, business planning, minority certifications, international trade and QuickBooks will be available.
To schedule a confidential consultation, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon cuttings during the coming week:
• Dr. Laura's Acupuncture & Holistic Practice, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Tuesday. Call Dr. Laura Bertoncini, (352) 340-7471.
• Habitat for Humanity of Hernando County, 19450 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, noon Thursday. Call Deborah Prescott, (352) 754-1159.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the last session of its new leadership program, the "Disney on Leadership" series, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The series, presented by sheriff's Lt. Col. Royce M. Decker, reviews past, present and future business practices that have made the Disney name synonymous with exemplary products and services. The goal is to provide a solid foundation for customer service, loyalty and satisfaction.
The cost for chamber members is $15. The cost for nonmembers is $20. To RSVP, register online at hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "Tips for Successful Grant Writing," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Crescent Community Clinic, 5244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 30, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, Regency Park Branch Library, 5701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Building the Plan for a Successful Business," 5 to 7 p.m. May 21, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 30, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
BNI Winning Edge will meet from 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its April membership breakfast meeting Wednesday at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill.
Networking and a business card exchange will begin at 7:15 a.m.; the program begins at 7:45 a.m. This month's sponsor is Manpower; the speaker will be Michael Heard of the Florida Blueberry Festival. The cost is $15 for chamber members and $20 for nonmembers.
Register online at hernando chamber.com/events. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
The Referral Institute and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce are partnering to offer the Certified Networker Program from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and continuing through July 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The program, presented by Tiffanie Kellog, is a training system for building a solid referral-based marketing strategy. The cost is $1,197, which can be paid in three payments of $399. Participants may attend a single module for $99.
To register, call Kellog toll-free 1-888-282-8649.
BNI Leaders by Design will meet from 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast. Call Ralph Vitola at (352) 796-2676.
Business Networking International will have a Visitor's Day event from 7:30 to 9 a.m. May 2 at the Wellington at Seven Hills, 400 Wexford Blvd., Spring Hill. Business professionals are invited to attend. The event includes breakfast. To RSVP, call Ralph Vitola, (352) 796-2676.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.