I'm looking for simple but creative ways to save money. What tips do you have?
It can be tough trying to save money when the economy is troubled and money tight. But there are things you can do.
Here are some suggestions from Alex Sink, the state's chief financial officer:
• Shop with cash or debit card only.
• Use it up before buying more - toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, soap, etc.
• Don't pay to use an ATM; use your bank's ATM or get cash back free.
• Avoid late fees by paying bills on time - automate where you can.
• Stick to a budget.
• The next time you get ready to buy, ask if the expenditure is helping get you out of debt. If the answer is no, don't spend the money!
For these and other tips, visit: http://www.myfloridacfo.com/pressoffice/newsletter/2010/110510/November_0510.htm#h