What tips do you have for finding Halloween costumes on a budget?
There are some ways to handle the annual costume dilemma on a budget. Here are some tips from consumer savings expert Andrea Woroch:
• Browse your closet for costume creations. Old clothes and even curtains and sheets can be transformed into festive attire. Unworn shirts can be cut up for a sash or vest, a bridesmaids dress makes a great princess or harem girl costume and an oversized orange sweatshirt is the perfect pumpkin for your child. Be creative & browse the internet for DYI ideas.
• Search thrift stores for inexpensive costumes and accessories. Buying old clothes not only saves money but also helps green-up the environment. Don't forget to look for used costumes on the Internet at Craigslist or eBay.
• Use online coupons for costume savings. Sites like PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com offer hundreds of money-saving coupons for costumes, decorations, accessories, candy and more. Search the sites' Halloween category to find the best deals quickly and easily.
• Organize a costume swap. Get with friends to trade kid and adult costumes or coordinate a swap within your neighborhood or at your office. Not only will others appreciate the money-saving idea, but you'll likely score a great costume for free!
• Buy next year's costume at extremely discounted prices after Halloween. Start saving for next year now and shop after the haunting celebration to score anywhere from 60 to 80% off of costumes and accessories.