Medical director earns prestigious award
Hernando-Pasco Hospice medical director David McGrew recently received the Josefina B. Magno award from the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine at its national meeting in Austin.
The award is presented to one hospice physician annually for providing the highest quality services and innovative programs.
The award recipient demonstrates dedication to the practice of palliative medicine in a hospice setting.
McGrew is the 10th recipient of Josefina B. Magno award and has been Hernando-Pasco Hospice's medical director since 1986.
This hospice is a not-for-profit organization serving Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties since 1984.
Parade of Homes winners announced
Winners of the Tampa Bay Builders Association's 2009 Parade of Homes were announced May 8.
This year's spring parade from March 21 to April 5 included more than 60 entries by home builders in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Hernando counties, said association president Dan Molloy, chief executive of Oak Creek Land Co.
Pasco winners are:
• Single-family homes priced $440,000 to $490,000: Merit Award to Avalon Building Corp. of Tampa Bay, the Antigua with Bonus Up at Watermark of Seven Oaks.
• Single-family homes priced $500,000 to $550,000: Grand Award to Arthur Rutenberg Homes/Lyons-Heritage Pasco LLC, the Portofino III in the Hills at Lake Jovita. Merit Award to Southern Crafted Homes, the Strathmore II at Grand Hampton.
• Single-family homes priced $560,000 to $600,000: Merit Award to St. Vincent II at Connerton.
• Single-family homes priced $800,000 to $850,000: Merit Award to Costanza Homes, Summerfield at Connerton.
• Single-family homes priced $940,000 to $990,000: Merit Award to Arthur Rutenberg Homes/Lyons Pasco LLC, the Verandah at Southern Hills.
• Single-family homes priced $1.1 million to $1.6 million: Grand Award to Arthur Rutenberg Homes/Custom Craft Homes, St. Augustine VI at Sunset Lakes.
• Single-family homes priced $1.7 million to $2.2 million: Grand Award to Campagna Homes Inc., the Villa Sorrento at the Champions' Club.
• Best Communities: Grand Award to Connerton.
For information, visit www.tampabayparadeofhomes.com.
E-mail items to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Lucille Lazich, Business Digest, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL. 34668. Call (727) 869-6235.