Eight Tampa Bay area companies are finalists for the Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year" award in Florida. Award recipients will be announced June 13 at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach. Statewide, 27 finalists were named Tuesday. The winner will compete for national recognition.
The bay area companies are:
• Gator Cases Inc., Lutz, Crystal Morris, president, in the distribution and manufacturing category.
• Health Insurance Innovations, Tampa, Michael Kosloske, CEO, in the emerging category.
• Accuform Manufacturing Inc., Brooksville, Wayne Johnson, CEO, in the family business category.
• C1 Bank, St. Petersburg, Trevor Burgess, CEO, in the financial services category.
• Checkers Drive-In Restaurants Inc., Tampa, Enrique Silva, CEO, in the hospitality category.
• Crystal Clear Technologies, St. Petersburg, Crystal Culbertson, CEO, in the technology category.
• Jagged Peak, Tampa, Paul Demirdjian, CEO, in the technology category.
• DEX Imaging, Dan Doyle Jr., CEO, in the technology category.