CRA grant awarded: The city of Brooksville's Community Redevelopment Agency executive review committee recently awarded a commercial property improvement matching grant of $2,950 to Archer Painting/Wayne Vutech, 114 E Liberty St., Brooksville, for roof repair and replacement.
All commercial properties in the Brooksville CRA district are eligible for the matching grant program. The area includes properties that front along portions of Main, Liberty, Broad and Jefferson streets, and Fort Dade and Saxon avenues. For information, visit cityofbrooksville.us or call (352) 540-3815.
Directors appointed at Oak Hill Hospital: Yaro Gutierrez has been appointed director of plant operations at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill.
Gutierrez comes to the hospital from a sister HCA facility, Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford, where he served as plant operations manager.
Tequila Fields, who has a master's degree in health care administration and is a licensed and registered occupational therapist, has been appointed director of rehabilitation services at Oak Hill.
Fields comes to the hospital from Avante at Melbourne Rehab Center in Melbourne, where she served as director of rehabilitation.
CHAMBER'S BUSINESS NETWORKING GROUP TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Eastside Business Networking Group will meet at 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Sherman Hills Golf & Country Club, 31200 Eagle Falls Drive, Ridge Manor West.
The recent Light Up Ridge Manor holiday event will be discussed, as well as the Cortez Boulevard widening project. Call Tammy Heon, (352) 754-4405.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Jan. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Jan. 14, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Internet Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.