VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to mentor small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services.
The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Keller Williams Realty Elite Partners/Laura Knickelbein, 2715 Forest Road, Spring Hill, noon Wednesday. Call Laura Knickelbein, (352) 428-4142.
• Killingsworth Insurance Agency, 19259 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, 5 p.m. Thursday. A 40th anniversary celebration will be held. Call Kellie Hawkins, (352) 796-1451.
FREE BULLY AWARENESS PROGRAM: Mang Ho Martial Arts, the Black Dragon Fighting Society and Tone U Fitness Center have teamed up to offer a free Mang Ho Bully Awareness Program at the Tone U Fitness Center, 6254 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. every Saturday.
The program is designed for parents and children who have been bullied. The class will provide effective ways to communicate with each other and the school or workplace to stop bullying.
The program is modeled after the award-winning book Spirit of the Tiger, written by Soke Jay Blanton. For information, call master Robert Blanton at (352) 345-1292 or the center at (352) 596-9996.
IGNITE YOUR ONLINE MARKETING: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida, in partnership with the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, will offer a business seminar, "Ignite Your Online Marketing," from 2 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The workshop will explain available online tools, how to use Adwords and how to get local exposure with Google Places.
The workshop will be presented by Mark Narus. The cost is $45 per person. For information and to register, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and receive additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• "How to Use the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, Room 151, New Port Richey.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Marine Corps League Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast; cost is waived for first-time visitors. Call Marianne Zirk at (352) 340-4456.
Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce After Hours Mixer: January's After Hours Mixer will be at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at 19259 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. The event is sponsored by Killingsworth Insurance Agency. There is no cost to attend. For information, call Kellie Hawkins, (352) 796-1451. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday, IHOP restaurant, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Attendees may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.