PALACE GRAND EARNS COUPLES' CHOICE AWARD: WeddingWire, a global online marketplace for the wedding and event industry, has announced that the Palace Grand in Spring Hill won the 2017 WeddingWire Couples' Choice Award for wedding venues in the Tampa Bay area. The award recognizes the top 5 percent of wedding professionals on WeddingWire that demonstrate excellence in quality, service, responsiveness and professionalism. Award winners are determined based on reviews from newlyweds and their experiences. As a winner, the Palace Grand will be highlighted on WeddingWire, which is comprised of more than 200,000 wedding professionals in the United States. For information, visit weddingwire.com/couples-choice-awards.
CHAMBER WORKSHOP FOR NONPROFITS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host a free workshop for nonprofit organizations, "Advancing Your Mission Through Financial Management," from 8 to 10 a.m. Feb. 2 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Speakers will include certified public accountants Nick Sisto and Randy Woodruff, with Suncoast CPA Group. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
LEADERSHIP HERNANDO RECRUITMENT EXTRAVAGANZA: People interested in participating in the upcoming Leadership Hernando program are invited to attend a Funplosion Recruitment Extravaganza from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 23 at Marker 48 Brewing, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Those attending will be able to meet Leadership Hernando alumni and learn about the program. For information, call Rick Manuel, chairman, at (727) 835-4166 or Teri Nichols, alumni chairwoman, at (352) 796-6000.
Save the date
KEYS TO SUCCESS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its third annual Keys to Success business development series from March 20 to 24. Events include:
• B2B Expo, 1 to 7 p.m. March 20 at Pasco-Hernando State College Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. Free.
• Building the Ultimate Business Plan workshop, 8 to 11 a.m. March 21 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free.
• The Price is Right workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 21 at the chamber office. Free.
• Chamber Membership Breakfast with speaker Crystal Smith, Shine Consulting CEO, 7:15 a.m. March 22 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville. Advance tickets are $15; $20 at the door.
• What Goes Up is Out of This World lunch-and-learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 22 at the chamber office. $10.
• CyberDefense workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 22 at the chamber office. Free.
• Gaining Customer Loyalty and Making Them Royalty workshop, 8 to 9:30 a.m. March 23 at the chamber office. Free.
• Legal Pitfalls for the Small Business Employer lunch-and-learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 23 at the chamber office. $10.
• One + One Should Not Equal One workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 23 at the chamber office. Free.
• The Ghosts of Business Past, Present and Future workshop, 8 to 9:30 a.m. March 24 at PHSC Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Series finale: Why Elevators Never Travel Horizontally and other Vertical Phenomena with speaker Mickey Smith, Oak Hill Hospital, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 24 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. $15.
To RSVP or for information, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your own Business, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 31, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Pricing for Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Pkwy, Land O Lakes.
• Financial Tips for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Preventing Fraud in a Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Internet Marketing, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Zephyrhills Public Library, 5347 8th St., Zephyrhills.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.