Marker 48 chosen for beer and food pairing event in Washington, D.C.
Marker 48 Brewing, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, has been chosen to participate in SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, recognized as the nation's premier craft beer and food pairing, which takes place Friday and Saturday in Washington, D.C.
Marker 48, a seven-barrel craft brewery that opened in November, will showcase two of its beers created by award-winning brew master John Myers, including Meet the Heat, a saison with raspberry, plums and chili peppers, and Diepolder Dubbel, a Belgian-style dubbel.
"We are absolutely honored to be chosen for this prestigious and outstanding event our first year out the gate. Looking forward to representing not only Hernando County, but Florida as well with some great craft beers," said co-owner Christina "Tina" Ryman.
NURSE OF THE YEAR: Registered nurse Christina Stodart was named Nurse of the Year at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Stodart was recognized at the hospital's first Nursing Gala for her dedication to patients and to helping the hospital fulfill its mission.
DOCTOR OF THE YEAR: Dr. Ashish Patel was named Doctor of the Year at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Patel was recognized at the hospital's first Nursing Gala for his dedication to patients and to helping the hospital fulfill its mission. Patel is a hospitalist who interacts with nursing and medical staff on a continuous basis.
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT EXPERIENCE APPOINTED: Sarah Viola, a professional in human resources and a certified patient experience professional, was recently appointed the new director of patient experience at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Previously, Viola was the patient experience leader at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus in Fairfax, Va.
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS APPONTED: Registered nurse Cathy Edminsten was recently appointed vice president of operations at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Edminsten replaces Alejandro Romero, who transferred to Medical Center of Trinity and will continue on in HCA's Chief Operating Officer Development Program.
Edminsten's promotion is the result of her acceptance into the program. In addition to assuming the responsibilities of Romero, she will assume responsibility for the volunteer and H2U programs at HCA.
CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Chamber Connect Power Lunch at noon today at Sonny's BBQ, 4731 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The cost is $15 at the door. . This month's theme is the real estate industry. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill at 11 a.m. Saturday. Rich Linkul, (352) 597-6383.
• Travelers Dream Tours, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Tuesday. MaryPat Begin-Ortiz, (352) 556-4187.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5 to 7 p.m. June 14, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Friday, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Networking for Chickens: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Chick-fil-A, 13143 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Tim Reed, (352) 683-3730.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Beef 'O' Brady's 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lorrie Hamilton, (727) 534-0714.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, VFW Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Tim Cornett, (352) 345-1377.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Marine Corps League Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast; no cost for first-time visitors. Call Marianne Zirk, (352) 340-4456.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.