NEW FOOD TRUCK: BarbieCue, a new food truck serving barbecue, has opened at 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, on the property of Marker 48 Brewing.
The business, owned by Laurie Wilkens and Daniel Nolan, is open from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. For information, call (352) 428-9794.
EMPLOYERS NEEDED FOR CAREER FAIR: Local employers are needed to participate in Pasco-Hernando State College's Career and Testing Services Opportunity 2016: Hernando County Career Fair from 9 a.m. to noon April 5 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
Employers interested in attending to advertise current job listings should contact Breanna Perry, coordinator of career services, at (352) 797-5174, or Steve Wilson with CareerSource Pasco Hernando at (352) 293-1123. Job seekers must preregister for the event at eventbrite.com; search PHSC Career Fair.
INSURANCE AGENTS HONORED: AmeriLife & Health Services of Hernando County recently recognized three local agents — Michael Moore, general manager, and agents Ryan Jenkins and Daniel Gordon — from the AmeriLife & Health Services office at 2705 Forest Road, Spring Hill. The three were inducted into the President's Club of AmeriLife, the exclusive club of national sales agents.
Moore wrote $180,318 in new business/annualized premiums last year; Jenkins wrote $173,416, and Gordon wrote $165,055. Agents who write at least $150,000 in annual premiums qualify for the recognition.
First-time qualifiers were presented a gold President's Club member ring, and previous winners earned a diamond in the ring bezel. For information or to reach the local office, call (352) 596-8336.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Suncoast Technical Education Center at Central High School, Building D, 14075 Ken Austin Parkway, west of Brooksville, at 4 p.m. Thursday. Call Niki Barlow at (352) 797-7034.
BUSINESS BOOT CAMP: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce is offering Boot Camp 2016: A Healthy Business = Financial Success, a series of free workshops, from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The last workshop, Expand Your Reach for Financial Success, will be on Wednesday. For information, visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
KEYS TO SUCCESS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its second annual Keys to Success business development series, "Giving Value to Your Customers," from March 21 to 23 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
• March 21: kickoff luncheon at 11:30 a.m., "Delivering Superior Customer Service" workshop at 2 p.m., "Fundamentals of Supervision" workshop at 3:30 p.m.
• March 22: "Hacking Doesn't Happen Only to the Big Guys" workshop at 8:30 a.m., "Credibility is King — You Reap What You Sow" workshop at 11:30 a.m.; "Unwritten Rules of Social Media" at 2 p.m.
• March 23: "Why Do Generations Clash at Work?" series finale and panel discussion at 7 a.m.
Partnerships are available in four categories: Platinum for $1,500, Gold for $1,000, Silver for $500 and Bronze for $250.
For information, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Branch Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Internet Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 15, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 15, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.