CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Appraise It Florida, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville at noon Tuesday. Call Jeff Huffman, (352) 797-0600.
• Dayspring Presbyterian Church, 6000 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Thursday. Call Robert Barnes, (352) 686-9392.
BPW TO MEET: Business and Professional Women of Hernando County will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the pool room at Atria Evergreen Woods, 7030 Evergreen Woods Trail, Spring Hill. The speaker will be Karen Lund, vice president of BPW Florida.
The cost is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Ticket includes dinner and the speaker. For information, visit BPWHernando.org.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its May membership meeting from 7:15 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville.
The breakfast will be sponsored by AT&T. The prepayment cost with breakfast is $15 online or $20 at the door. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
LEARN ABOUT LEADERSHIP: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce and Chick-fil-A will present "The Power of the Other," a special engagement with Henry Cloud, a best-selling author and an expert on the psychology of leadership, from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday at Cornerstone Baptist Church, 13171 Tara St., Spring Hill. Those attending will learn how to get more from themselves by drawing on the strength and expertise of others. Special guests will include Rorke Denver, a Navy SEAL commander, and Ginger Hardage, former senior vice president of Southwest Airlines.
Tickets are $10 and must be purchased in advance. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Grant Writing for Nonprofits, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Intro to Microsoft Excel, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.