NURSES CHOOSE PHYSICIAN OF THE YEAR: Dr. Ashish Patel, an Access Health Care physician at Oak Hill Hospital, was recently presented the Nurses' Choice Award for Physician of the Year. Dr. Patel was recognized for his support of the mission, vision and philosophy of the hospital's nursing department and for his dedication as a team member to provide excellent service to every patient, every time.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings in the coming week:
• Spring Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care Community, 7251 Grove Road, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. Mitchel Lloyd, (352) 592-1150.
• Alpha Medical Supplies, 12083 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, noon Thursday. Dorsey Peterson, (352) 515-6066.
CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Chamber Connect Power Lunch at noon June 3 at Sonny's BBQ, 4731 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The cost is $13 in advance or $15 at the door. Network with fellow chamber members and those in the health industry. This month's theme is the real estate industry. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Grant Writing for Nonprofits, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5 to 7 p.m. June 14, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Friday, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Beef 'O' Brady's 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lorrie Hamilton, (727) 534-0714.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, VFW Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Tim Cornett, (352) 345-1377.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Marine Corps League Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast; no cost for first-time visitors. Call Marianne Zirk, (352) 340-4456.