LEASE AGREEMENT NEGOTIATED: Hold-Thyssen, a commercial real estate services firm with offices in Clearwater, recently negotiated a lease agreement for 1,326 square feet of medical office space at the Oak Hill Hospital Medical Office Condo, 11315 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Carol L. Kinnard, transaction specialist, negotiated the transaction with hospital staff on behalf of the landlord of the medical complex, a private investor. The new tenant is Nature Coast Cardiology Specialists.
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST JOINS ACCESS: Access Health Care Physicians recently welcomed Jeannine A. Lovell, a speech language pathologist, to its staff at Access Physical Therapy, 5362-B Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Lovell specializes in strokes, aphasia, apraxia, voice disorders, swallowing, accent reduction, traumatic brain injury and sign language. For information, call (352) 200-2192.
CHAMBER ANNOUNCES STAFF APPOINTMENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has announced four staff appointments.
• Karen Bustillo has joined the chamber as its information specialist. Her duties will include receptionist responsibilities, answering and directing calls, greeting visitors and providing administrative support.
• Cindy McMillan, the former information specialist, has been promoted to community relations coordinator. Her new responsibilities include graphic design and content creation, radio and social media and event collateral, as well as working collaboratively with staffers and volunteers.
• Elizabeth Keeran is the new event coordinator. She will coordinate and support the chamber's programs and events, including networking events, signature events and other programs and training.
• Dawn Badami, the former event coordinator, has been promoted to director of operations. She will oversee processes and operational accountability on a daily basis, be a central source of information for the chamber, and support the president/CEO with strategic planning, work plan implementation, financial management, system development and employee professional development and satisfaction.
FINANCIAL ADVISER ATTENDS FORUM: Linda McFarland, financial adviser at SagePoint Financial, was recently invited to attend a forum presented by American Funds in Los Angeles. Seventy-seven advisers from all over the country participated in the two-day event. Participants had the opportunity to meet and interact with senior members of American Funds' business development and training team and learn ideas to help grow their business. McFarland, a Hudson resident since 1997, works with Frank Santo & Associates in Spring Hill.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Committee will meet at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. New members are welcome. For details, call Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000, Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451 or Eric Vanderham at 1-800-839-6328, ext. 4001.
CHAMBER'S TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Technology Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Oct. 13 at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is for those who have a passion for technology and wish to foster growth in the technology industry in Hernando County. For information, call Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its October Chamber Connections Power Lunch at noon Oct. 13 at the Holiday Inn Express, 3528 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The topic will be geared for professionals in the hospitality industry. The lunch is open to the entire business community. Bring business cards and brochures. The cost is $15 if prepaid online, or $20 at the door. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Cabinet Warehouse Plus, 13369 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Oct. 17. Call Stephanie Brostrom, (352) 515-0302.
• Pure Design Studio, 4041 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Oct. 18. Call Scott Clark, (813) 270-3406.
• Premier Community HealthCare, 300 S Main St., Brooksville, noon Oct. 19. Call Brittney Burke, (352) 518-2000.
OPERATION OUTREACH COMMITTEE: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Operation Outreach Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 17 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is a group of volunteers and chamber members who mentor new chamber members. For information, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697, ext. 5, or Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697, ext. 3.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Oct. 19 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Diplomats support and promote the chamber and its membership. For information, call Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Focused Selling Skills, 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Commercial Insurance for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Building a Business Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 25, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.