CHAMBER CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its October Chamber Connections Power Lunch at noon Friday at Bayfront Health Brooksville, 17240 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. The lunch will be sponsored by Bayfront Health. The cost is $15 if prepaid online, or $20 at the door. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER'S TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Technology Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Friday at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is for those who have a passion for technology and wish to foster growth in the technology industry in Hernando County. For information, call Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER'S YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Committee will meet at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Committee members help other chamber members connect to programs and people who will help them achieve their professional goals. For information, call Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000, Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451 or Eric Vanderham at (800) 839-6328, ext. 4001.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• The Homeless Ministry of Brooksville, at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Tuesday. Call Rodney Dyess, (352) 593-0859.
• Florida Luxury Realty, 2166 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Wednesday. Call David O'Nan, (352) 345-0404.
• Community magazine, at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Thursday. Call Brian Baumhor, (813) 682-9364.
BUSINESS BOOT CAMP: Chamber members participating in the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Business Boot Camp will learn how to maximize their chamber membership. Each session will be offered from 7:15 to 9 a.m. at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The sessions are free and will include networking opportunities. Remaining sessions include:
• No Train No Gain, Thursday.
• Advocacy in Action, Oct. 27.
To RSVP, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present its second annual Hernando Untapped Craft Beer & Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 21 at American Aviation Flight Academy, 17076 Helicopter Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will be able to sample beer and wine while listening to music by the Bearded Brothers Band. There also will be food truck vendors as well as local merchants and retailers. General admission is $25 per person and includes a tasting glass and unlimited samplings of beer, wine and entertainment. Food is not included but will be available for sale. Designated driver tickets are $10 per person and include complimentary soda or water and entertainment. VIP tickets are $50 per person (only 150 tickets available) and include one-hour-early admission, a complimentary tasting glass, a VIP swag bag, VIP snacks and access to a VIP area with private restrooms and seating. Only people ages 21 and over will be admitted. For information or tickets, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 at New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Grant Writing for Nonprofits, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Colier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.