HOSPITAL ACHIEVES GOAL: In July 2014, Oak Hill Hospital encouraged all of its registered nurses to become board certified in the area of their choice by Dec. 31. The group set a goal of having 100 nurses earn their board certification.
The hospital announced in late September that 110 of its nurses have achieved board certification during the challenge period. As part of the challenge, the hospital offered to pay for any eligible RN to receive his or her certification. The hospital also offered to provide the nurses additional compensation for their certification equal to an annual salary increase of more than $3,000.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Suncoast Technical Education Center at Central High School, 14075 Ken Austin Parkway in Building D, Brooksville, 4 p.m. Tuesday. Call Nicki Barlow, (352) 797-7034.
• Hernando County Historical Museum Association/One Room School House & Train Depot, 66 Russell St., Brooksville, noon Wednesday. Call Gretchen Countryman, (352) 597-1064.
MANUFACTURING JOB FAIR: CareerSource Pasco Hernando will host a manufacturing job fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday in Room B105 at Pasco-Hernando State College's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
Job-seekers interested in participating should call Margie Burnham at (727) 816-3227. Employers interested in participating should call Ana Segovia at (352) 293-1335.
CUSTOMER NOT ALWAYS RIGHT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will offer the business seminar, The Customer is Not Always Right, at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 23 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Presented by Royce Decker. The event is free. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER'S YOUNG PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Young Professional Committee will meet at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Those interested in becoming part of the group are welcome. For information, call Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• E-Marketing Concepts, 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Conference Center R 151, Pasco-Hernando State College's West Campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
• Risk Management, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Legal Choices for Small Businesses, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 30, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
FINANCIAL WORKSHOPS: Edward Jones is offering free financial workshops on the principles of saving and investing and specific strategies to help people reach their long-term financial goals. All workshops will be at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Focus on Fixed Income, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today.
• Foundations of Investing, 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Oct. 23.
For information or to RSVP, call Lori Gray, (352) 796-8819.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.