CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Accent Insurance, 4098 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, noon Saturday. The event will include an open house from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call Dennis Reich, (352) 666-7373.
• USA Benefits Group, 1281 Kass Circle, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. Call (352) 600-7061.
Save the date
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the inaugural Hernando Untapped Craft Beer & Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 16 at Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport, 15800 Flight Path Drive, south of Brooksville.
Those attending will be able to sample beer and wine while listening to live music by the Greg Billings Band; there also will be food truck vendors as well as local merchants and retailers.
General admission is $25 per person and includes a tasting glass and unlimited samplings of beer, wine and entertainment. Food is not included but will be available for sale.
Designated driver tickets are $10 per person and include complimentary soda or water and entertainment. VIP tickets are $50 per person (only 150 tickets available) and include one-hour-early admission, a complimentary tasting glass, a VIP swag bag, VIP snacks and access to a VIP area with private restrooms and seating.
Only people ages 21 and over will be admitted. For information or tickets, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars.
• Intro to Microsoft Excel, 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• Developing a Board for Nonprofits, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
• Legal Choices for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• In Search of WOW, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
FINANCIAL WORKSHOPS: Edward Jones is offering free financial workshops on the principles of saving and investing, and specific strategies to help people reach their long-term financial goals. All workshops will be held at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Stocks: Nuts and Bolts, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. today
• An Investor's Tour of Mutual Funds, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 9.
• Focus on Fixed Income, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 16.
• Foundations of Investing, 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Oct. 23.
For information or to RSVP, call Lori Gray, (352) 796-8819.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.