SPONSORS AND VENDORS NEEDED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Eastside Business Networking Group and its foundation, the Chamber Education Training Association, are looking for sponsors and vendors for the eighth annual Light Up Ridge Manor Christmas Festival from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 4 at its new location — Eastside Elementary School, 27151 Roper Road, east of Brooksville.
The event will feature games and activities, Christmas carolers, a cakewalk and performances by local children's groups. Big Daddy DJ will provide music. Special guests will include Santa Claus, Smokey Bear and Big Frog.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the training association. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
NEW BUSINESS: U-Haul Company of Florida has announced that the Airport Farmers & Flea Market, 17375 Spring Hill Drive, south of Brooksville, has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer.
The hours of operation for rentals are from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday and Sunday. After-hours dropoffs are available. To reserve U-Haul products, call (352) 397-3055 or visit uhaul.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Shoe Comfort II, 10517 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, at noon Tuesday. The event will include a 10th anniversary celebration. Call Joshua Hnilica, (352) 688-9979.
• Divinity Med Spa, 13115 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, at noon Wednesday. Call Tami Juliano, (352) 606-2980.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• How to Create Powerful Visual Presentations, 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• In Search of Wow, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:35 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
FINANCIAL FOCUS WORKSHOPS: Financial Planners Group in Spring Hill will offer free workshops at the West Hernando/S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill.
• Dealing with Your Finances after the Loss of a Spouse, 1 p.m. Thursday.
• Woman to Woman: Guide to Financial Security, 1 p.m. Nov. 18.
To RSVP, call (352) 606-2514.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.