Networking and mixers
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Oct. 6, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Oct. 9, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Dr., south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Oct. 10, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Oct. 11, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Oct. 12, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at the Hernando County Sheriff's Ranches Thrift Store, 1430 Pinehurst Drive, Spring Hill, at noon Oct. 11. Call Lisa Mills, (352) 364-2133.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the 2017 Hernando Untapped Craft Beer and Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 6 at American Aviation, 17076 Helicopter Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will be able to sample beer and wine while listening to live music by LostNFound and the Soul Circus Cowboys. There also will be breweries, wineries, food trucks and vendors. General admission is $35 per person and includes a tasting glass and unlimited samplings of beer, wine and entertainment. Food is not included, but will be available for sale. Designated driver tickets are $10 per person and include complimentary soda or water and entertainment. VIP tickets are $60 per person and include one-hour-early admission, a complimentary tasting glass, a VIP swag bag, VIP snacks and access to a VIP area with private rest rooms and seating. Only people ages 21 and older will be admitted. For information or tickets, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER MARKETING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Marketing Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 11 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee, which focuses on branding, is working to create new chamber-specific goals for the membership. For information about joining the committee, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
NETWORKING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Networking Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 12 at Capital City Bank, 14302 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Committee members meet to collaborate on ideas, and then decide which ones to implement. For information, call Ray Heter at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER AFTER HOURS MIXER SET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its After Hours Mixer at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 12 at Westbridge, 7300 Grove Road, west of Brooksville. The event is free. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 11, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Focused Selling Skills, 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Commercial Insurance for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Building a Business Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 25, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.