DOCTOR LECTURES IN LAS VEGAS: Dr. Michael A. Pikos, a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery, recently lectured on cone beam CT technology, bone grafting and dental implants to doctors at the Nobel Global Symposium in Las Vegas.
Pikos' offices are at 4372 Commercial Way, Spring Hill; 2711 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor, and 8845 Hawbuck St., Trinity.
CHAMBER CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host Holiday Helpers during its monthly power lunch at noon today at Karma Spirits and Cafe, 10511 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Meet and network with professionals in various industries, including: caterers and restaurants, party and event planners, banquet and event centers, travel companies, beauty salons and spas, cleaning/lawn/handyman, hotels/motels and shipping/retail sales.
The cost for members is $13 if pre-registered or $15 at the door. Non-chamber members are welcome. Ticket price includes lunch, but not gratuities. To register, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Technology Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The meeting is open to the public.
The committee provides a forum for professionals to share ideas about technology and the development of Hernando County's technology infrastructure. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's monthly After Hours Mixer will be at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Register Chevrolet, 14181 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. The event is free and open to the public. Visit hernandochamber.com to RSVP.
FREE SEMINAR AT OPEN HOUSE: Prodigy Information Technologies will host an open house and offer a free seminar on the pros and cons of migrating medical practices to Windows 10 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at its recently opened office at 8358 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
The event is for owners, doctors and anyone with information technology responsibilities within a medical practice. Attendees will receive a free network evaluation and a review of their IT infrastructure. Light refreshments will be served. For information or to RSVP, call (813) 333-2327, option 2.
Save the date
MANUFACTURING JOB FAIR: CareerSource Pasco Hernando will host a manufacturing job fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 22 in Room B105 at Pasco-Hernando State College's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
Job-seekers interested in participating should call Margie Burnham at (727) 816-3227. Employers interested in participating should call Ana Segovia at (352) 293-1335.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Intro to Microsoft Excel, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Create Powerful Visual Presentations, 5:35 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• In Search of WOW, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Branch, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
FINANCIAL WORKSHOPS: Edward Jones is offering free financial workshops on the principles of saving and investing and specific strategies to help people reach their long-term financial goals. All workshops will be at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• An Investor's Tour of Mutual Funds, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today
• Focus on Fixed Income, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 16.
• Foundations of Investing, 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Oct. 23.
For information or to RSVP, call Lori Gray, (352) 796-8819.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.