DOCTOR ACCEPTED INTO ASSOCIATION: Dr. Pariksith Singh, Access Health Care's founder and CEO, was recently accepted into the Florida Medical Directors Association. The association is the official state affiliate of AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine, and members include physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and pharmacists. Singh was accepted through his affiliation as medical director of Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Security National Mortgage, 5331 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, noon Sept. 19. Call Lisa Lombardi, (727) 514-1417.
• Oak Hill Gynecology & Obstetrics, 11373 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Sept. 20. Call Fernando Moncada, (352) 592-7315.
• Holcomb 4 Commissioner, 14257 Powell Road, Spring Hill, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 20. Call Jeff Holcomb, (352) 678-7303.
CONTINUITY PLANNING LUNCH & LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in association with the Small Business Development Council Tampa Bay and Hernando County Emergency Management, will host a Business Continuity Planning Lunch & Learn workshop from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 15 at the chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Participants will find out whether their businesses are ready if a disaster strikes. Discussion topics will include: essential operating policies and procedures, backup plans for operations, the importance of insurance coverage, disaster loan programs and the Disaster Bizaster App. The workshop is free. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
OUTREACH COMMITTEE SETS MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Operation Outreach Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 19 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is a group of volunteers and chamber members who mentor new chamber members. For information, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697, ext. 5, or Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697, ext. 3.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Sept. 21 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Diplomats support and promote the chamber and its membership. For information, call Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697.
Save the date
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the 2017 Hernando Untapped Craft Beer and Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 6 at American Aviation, 17076 Helicopter Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will be able to sample beer and wine while listening to live music by LostNFound and the Soul Circus Cowboys. There also will be breweries, wineries, food trucks and vendors. General admission is $35 per person and includes a tasting glass and unlimited samplings of beer, wine and entertainment. Food is not included, but will be available for sale. Designated driver tickets are $10 per person and include complimentary soda or water and entertainment. VIP tickets are $60 per person and include one-hour-early admission, a complimentary tasting glass, a VIP swag bag, VIP snacks and access to a VIP area with private rest rooms and seating. Only people ages 21 and older will be admitted. For information or tickets, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Commercial Insurance for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 19, Centennial Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City.
• Legal Structures for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 26, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants, 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 27, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill.
• Marketing in 360, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 27, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 28, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.