HOSPITAL PRESENTS AWARDS FOR ITS GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM: Oak Hill Hospital's Graduate Medical Education program presented awards and recognitions during its recent new resident welcome and end-of-the-year reception. Awards presented included: Intern of the Year, Dr. Chirag Patel (chosen by senior residents); Teaching Resident of the Year, Dr. Eric Sladek (chosen by interns), and Teaching Faculty of the Year, Dr. Salman Muddassir, internal medicine program director (chosen by all residents). In addition, the chief residents for the 2016-17 academic year were chosen by the clinical competency committee. This year's leadership includes: Dr. Eric Sladek, scheduling chief; Dr. Mohamad Eid, inpatient chief, and Dr. Pranavkumar Patel, outpatient chief. Shown from left are: Patel, Eid and Sladek.
DOWNTOWN BROOKSVILLE NOW: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Downtown Brooksville NOW group will meet at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. The speaker will be Corky Bergamo, regional manager for the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association. Visit Florida and Brooksville Main Street will provide updates. The cost is $5. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For info, call Duane Chichester at (352) 796-2041.
MULTI CHAMBER MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will be joined by the West Pasco and the Greater Pasco chambers for a September After Hours Mixer at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at 10440 Palmgren Lane, Spring Hill. The event, sponsored by Brookdale Senior Living, will include networking, spirits, appetizers and updates. Free. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Thursday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697.
TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Technology Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 9 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Committee will meet at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. New members welcome. For details, call Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000 or Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451.
WELCOME COMMITTEE MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Welcome Committee will meet at 3 p.m. Sept. 9 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER TO HOST CONNECT B2B NETWORKING MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host a weekly Connect B2B networking meeting from 7 to 8 a.m. every Monday beginning Sept. 12 at the chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The event is free for chamber members; $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
DR. CLOUD WEBCAST: The Greater Hernando Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Chick-fil-A of Hernando County, will sponsor "The Power of the Other," a webcast with Dr. Henry Cloud, from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 16 at Cornerstone Baptist Church, 13171 Tara St., Spring Hill, and from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 30 at Hillside Community Baptist Church, 27440 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Advance tickets are $10. RSVP at hernandochamber.com or (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars. To register, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Internet Marketing, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Develop a Nonprofit Board, from 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
If you have business announcements, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Friday, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, VFW Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Tim Cornett, (352) 345-1377.
• Networking for Chickens: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Chick-fil-A, 13143 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Jean Harberts, (352) 796-0697.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Beef 'O' Brady's 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lorrie Hamilton, (727) 534-0714.
• Young Professionals Networking Group: 8 a.m. Wednesday at the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The speaker will be Lynn Van Meter, executive director for Habitat for Humanity. For information, call Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.