CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Spring Hill Garden Club, 8555 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call Linda Remy, (352) 683-9933.
• BNI-Referral Institute, at the chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call Tiffanie Kellog, (352) 527-7755.
• Xocai Healthy Chocolate, at the chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Thursday. Call Norm Hill, (352) 584-0036.
SAVE ON HOME OWNERSHIP: Bonnie Barbieri of Re/Max Marketing Specialists and Erica Alves of Patriot Lending will co-host a free seminar, "How to Buy a Home for Little or No Money Down," at 6 p.m. Thursday, at the Re/Max office, 3377 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
Participants will learn about various financing forms for home buyers and how to save on down payments. For information about the event, which is free and open to the public, call Barbieri at (352) 263-3599 or visit bonniebarbieri.com.
COMMUNITY GIVEBACK PROGRAM: Ruby Tuesday recently selected Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind as the recipient of its Community GiveBack Program. In recognition of Helen Keller's birthday, participating Ruby Tuesday restaurants will donate 20 percent of all meal purchases to the Lighthouse from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday, when diners present the event flier.
Among the participating restaurant locations: 13095 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, (352) 592-4435; 8512 Ridge Road, New Port Richey, (727) 843-8809; 7909 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, (813) 783-1115.
Fliers may be printed from the Lighthouse website — lvib.org/events — or picked up at Lighthouse facilities at 6492 California St., Brooksville, or 8610 Galen Wilson Blvd., Port Richey.
READY-4-SUCCESS: The Hernando Youth Initiative Workforce Transition Team invites individuals ages 18 to 25 to register for Ready-4-Success, a three-day workshop to help prepare people for the workplace.
The event will begin at 8 a.m. Aug. 9, 10 and 16 at Career Central, 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. It will end at various times in the afternoon.
Topics include self-awareness, career exploration, goal setting, communication skills, customer service, resume creation, interviewing skills, professional dress and grooming, how to make and manage money, and steps to success.
Thirty spots are available. To RSVP, email Dawn Easter at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number. You will receive a response with a detailed agenda and instructions to mail a $10 registration fee for processing.
For more information, contact Easter, the Workforce Transition Team chairwoman, at (352) 200-3034.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: SCORE Chapter 439 will present "How to Really Start Your Own Business," a free business seminar, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
LEADERCAST SERIES: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present its Leadercast Leadership Lunch 'n Learn summer workshops, designed to expand on the Chick-fil-A Leadercast experience.
Among the topics: making leadership simple; bringing order to chaos; focusing in a world of distraction; and boundaries for leaders.
The free workshops will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, beginning Friday and continuing on the following Fridays: July 12, 19 and 26 and Aug. 2, 9 and 16.
For information or to RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council certified production technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The council provides an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by production workers.
The certified production technician training program course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications.
Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
For information and to register, call (727) 816-3123; phcc.edu.
If you have business announcements to share with readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
• The Referral Institute and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce are partnering to offer the certified networker program, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and continuing weekly through July 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The program, presented by Tiffanie Kellog, is a training system for building a referral-based marketing strategy. The cost is $1,197, which can be paid in three payments of $399. Participants may attend a single module for $99. To register, call Kellog toll-free at 1-888-282-8649.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its June membership breakfast meeting Wednesday at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. Networking and a business card exchange will begin at 7:15 a.m.; the program begins at 7:45 a.m. This month's sponsor is Brooksville Regional and Spring Hill Regional hospitals. The cost is $15 if prepaid online and $20 at the door. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697. RSVP at hernandochamber.com/events.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast. Call Ralph Vitola at (352) 796-2676.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests welcome. People attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.