GRAND OPENING: Dollar General Store celebrated the opening of its new location at 10395 Broad St. in Masaryktown on Saturday. The event included prizes and special deals. The first 50 shoppers received a $10 Dollar General gift card and the first 200 shoppers received a tote bag and other giveaways.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• CrownPointe Senior Living Community, 11291 County Line Road, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. Call Sandy Croson, (352) 799-1422.
• Probuilt U.S., at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Wednesday. Call Bobby Eaton, (352) 835-7995.
• Zifero's Pizza & Diner, 34508 Cortez Blvd., Ridge Manor, 1 p.m. Thursday. Call Allen Zifero, (352) 608-4888.
• Imagine Solutions Group, at Zifero's Pizza & Diner, 34508 Cortez Blvd., Ridge Manor, 1 p.m. Thursday. Call Johanna Turley, (813) 440-2741.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Florida Small Business Development Center Network is bringing four experts to Hernando County to help serve the growing needs of business owners with free consulting until June 16 at the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Consulting about Internet marketing, accounting and taxes, health care practices, business planning, minority certifications, international trade and QuickBooks will be available.
To schedule a confidential consultation, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. June 18, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 27, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council certified production technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The council provides an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications.
Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a leadership certificate program, designed to develop mid-level professionals for greater leadership roles, from 8 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Aug. 1 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC's director of corporate training. The cost for chamber members is $599; for nonmembers, $799.
Applications are available online at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
• The Referral Institute and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce are partnering to offer the certified networker program, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and continuing weekly through July 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The program, presented by Tiffanie Kellog, is a training system for building a referral-based marketing strategy. The cost is $1,197, which can be paid in three payments of $399. Participants may attend a single module for $99. To register, call Kellog toll-free 1-888-282-8649.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast. Call Ralph Vitola at (352) 796-2676.
• Women Building Women: 7:30 a.m. Thursday in the grand lounge on the second floor at the Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Aesthetician Donna Schrode, owner of Skin Care by Donna, will speak on the importance of using sunscreen. The cost is $3 and includes a continental breakfast. To RSVP, call (352) 345-3597 no later than Monday.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests welcome. People attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Networking at Noon luncheon at noon Friday at the Brooksville Country Club at Majestic Oaks, 23446 Links Drive, Brooksville. The cost is $13 per member prepaid, or $15 at the door and for nonmembers. Call Christie Muise, (352) 796-8236. RSVP online at hernandochamber.com.