The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have five ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Premier Designs Jewelry at Cadence Bank, 14211 Powell Road, south of Brooksville, noon Monday. Call Denielle Lue, (813) 789-5598.
• Central Florida Public Adjusters II, 12507 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. Call George Suydam, (352) 686-6222.
• StoreSmart Self Storage, 2465 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, noon Wednesday. Call Joe Pirk, (352) 540-4663.
• Kona Ice of Hernando at StoreSmart Self Storage, 2465 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, noon Wednesday. Call Stacey Chinchilla, (352) 212-5991.
• Ultimate Health Plans, 1244 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Friday. Call Scott Leeman, (352) 835-7151.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 will present two free business seminars during the coming week:
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org or call (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its October membership breakfast meeting Wednesday at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. Networking and a business card exchange will begin at 7:15 a.m.; the program begins at 7:45 a.m.
This month's sponsor is Brewer & Sons Cremation and Funeral Services, and the speaker will be U.S. Rep. Rich Nugent.
The cost is $15 for chamber members prepaid online, $20 for members at the door and $25 for nonmembers. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
• • •
Ruth Wharton, owner of the Book Fair, 1219 Kass Circle, Spring Hill, will celebrate her business' 29th anniversary by offering customers the chance to enter a drawing and get a free gift Thursday, Friday and Oct. 27.
For information, call (352) 686-1682.
• • •
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Hernando County Residents Reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, 6131 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
For information, call (352) 796-0697.
• • •
Women Building Women will host its monthly networking mixer from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Deerfield Estates clubhouse, 15471 Atwater Drive, south of Brooksville.
For information, call (352) 345-3597.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.