CRA GRANT AWARD: The city of Brooksville Community Redevelopment Agency Executive Review Committee recently awarded a commercial property improvement matching grant to Brooksville Common, at 109 S Broad St., Brooksville. The $10,000 award will benefit a beautification project and common area.
All commercial properties in the Brooksville CRA district are eligible for the matching grant program. For information, call Bill Geiger, community development director, at (352) 540-3810.
BAYFRONT HEALTH: Seven Health Management Associates (HMA) hospitals recently teamed up to create Bayfront Health, a new regional network to provide multiple benefits to Gulf Coast residents, from Brooksville to Punta Gorda.
Each hospital is being rebranded to make it easier for the community to identify the facilities in the network. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg (previously Bayfront Medical Center) will serve as the flagship hospital.
The six remaining hospitals are: Bayfront Health Brooksville, previously Brooksville Regional Hospital; Bayfront Health Dade City, previously Pasco Regional Medical Center; Bayfront Health Port Charlotte, previously Peace River Regional Medical Center; Bayfront Heatlh Punta Gorda, previously Charlotte Regional Medical Center; Bayfront Health Spring Hill, previously Spring Hill Regional Hospital; and Venice Regional Medical Center.
NEW PRACTICE: Dr. Abhik Roy, a board-certified family physician, recently opened his practice at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Dr. Roy joins Access Health Care from the Tampa Family Health Center in Tampa.
FAVORITE VETERINARIAN: Dr. Carlos Campos of San Francis Veterinary Hospital, 18824 County Line Road, Spring Hill, is a finalist in the American Veterinary Medical Foundation's Favorite Veterinarian contest.
More than 1,100 professionals earned nominations for the title. Clients nominated their veterinarians by posting pictures and a short story on the foundation's Facebook page. Dr. Campos made the top 12 list.
The winner will be announced at the end of the month. Along with a trip to Chicago for the awards breakfast, the winner will earn a named donation of $250 to the foundation and complimentary registration to its convention. The nominating client will also receive a trip to the awards breakfast as well as a $250 cash prize.
EDUCATION COMMITTEE: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's education committee will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call Tracy Echols at (352) 277-3322.
CHAMBER 411: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber 411 event at 8:15 a.m. July 16 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The free informational meeting, designed for new members, will demonstrate how to maximize chamber membership benefits. Existing members and potential new members are also invited.
For information, call Linda Campo at (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
READY-4-SUCCESS: The Hernando Youth Initiative workforce transition team invites individuals ages 18 to 25 to register for "Ready-4-Success," a three-day workshop to help prepare people for the workplace.
The event will begin at 8 a.m. Aug. 9, 10 and 16 at Career Central, 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. It will end at various times in the afternoon.
Topics include self-awareness, career exploration, goal setting, communication skills, customer service, resume creation, interviewing skills, professional dress and grooming, how to manage money and steps to success.
Only 30 seats are available. To RSVP, send email to Dawn Easter at firstname.lastname@example.org with name and phone number. Those who sign up will receive a response with a detailed agenda and instructions to mail a $10 registration fee for processing. For information, contact Easter, the workforce transition team chairwoman, at (352) 200-3034.
LEADERCAST SERIES: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present its Leadercast Leadership Lunch 'n Learn summer workshops, designed to expand on the Chick-fil-A Leadercast experience.
Among the topics: making leadership simple, bringing order to chaos, focusing in a world of distraction and boundaries for leaders.
The free workshops are from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, Friday and continuing on the following Fridays: July 19 and 26 and Aug. 2, 9 and 16.
To get information or to RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council certified production technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The council provides an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by production workers. The certified production technician training program course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications.
Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
For information and registration, call (727) 816-3123.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Eastside Business Networking Group will meet at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday at Sherman Hills Golf and Country Club, 31200 Eagle Falls Drive, Ridge Manor West. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
• The Referral Institute and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce are partnering to offer the certified networker program from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and continuing weekly through July 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The program, presented by Tiffanie Kellog, is a training system for building a referral-based marketing strategy. The cost is $1,197, which can be paid in three payments of $399. Participants may attend a single module for $99. To register, call Kellog toll-free at 1-888-282-8649.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its July brochure exchange at noon Friday at IHOP, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
This month's power group is the real estate and construction industry. The cost for chamber members is $13 with a reservation or $15 at the door. The event includes lunch. RSVP required by Wednesday. Register online at hernandochamber.com/events. Call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Networking Group will have its July Social at 5:30 p.m. Friday at Aqua Bar & Lounge, 1365 Kass Circle, Spring Hill. Call Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday at IHOP, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. People attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.