CHAMBER NEWS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Hernando Class of 2013 worked throughout the year to help save the Little Rock Cannery from closing. Those efforts brought more than 200 new memberships, as well as alternative funding programs to continue support of the cannery.
• The Plane Ol' BBQ & Business Appreciation event, a collaborative effort of the chamber's Eastside Business Networking Group, the Hernando County Office of Business Development and Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport, raised more than $5,000 to benefit the Chamber Education Training Association.
• The sixth annual Light Up Ridge Manor event raised more than $1,000 to benefit the Chamber Education Training Association. The chamber's Eastside Business Networking Group, in partnership with Century 21 Alliance Realty/Marilyn Pearson Adams, sponsored the event.
• The chamber awarded its $1,000 Pasco-Hernando Community College scholarship for the 2013-14 academic year to Olivia Mayer of Brooksville.
MEDICAL CENTER RECEIVES GOLD SEAL OF APPROVAL: Gulf Coast Medical Center has earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval by demonstrating compliance with the organization's national standards for health care quality and safety.
The center has two locations in Port Richey and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com.
WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their businesses more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring. The business advancement grant is for business-related equipment or services; the career advancement grant is for continuing education.
Learn more at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html. Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact Judy Nicolosi, president, at (813) 600-9848 or email@example.com.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to mentor small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services. The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for State-of-the-Art EMS at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, at noon Thursday. Call Janet Carr at (352) 597-5995.
BAKE SALE FOR ST. JUDE: Magnificent Macarons & More of Spring Hill will have a bake sale to raise funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The bake sale is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at HoneyBaked Ham, 4638 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
Thirty percent of all sales will be donated to the hospital. For information, call Alexandra at (352) 678-7506.
WILSON TECHNOLOGY GROUP CELEBRATES 10 YEARS: Wilson Technology Group, 24332 Dorsey Smith Road, east of Brooksville, will celebrate its 10th anniversary with an open house from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 12.
Founder Chuck Wilson is a registered communications distribution designer. Refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (352) 796-9891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 5, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Apply for a 501c3," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Focused Selling Skills," 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 15, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• "How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.