Chamber ribbon-cuttings: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Laurie Pizzo, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, at noon Tuesday. Call Laurie Pizzo, (352) 428-8011.
• Halo Auto Sports, 15265 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville, at noon Wednesday. The event will include a luncheon. Call Heather Craig, (305) 942-6122.
Chamber 411: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber 411 event at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
During this month's event, social media will be discussed, including why your business should get with the Web. The free informational meeting, which is open to existing and new members, new employees of existing members and potential members, is designed to show chamber members how they can maximize their membership benefits. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
PHSC Encore Academy presents boot camp and job skills workshops: The Encore Academy at Pasco-Hernando State College is sponsoring Back to School Boot Camp and Job Seekers workshops for students 50 and older. Workshops will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. throughout July and August at the Spring Hill campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The program addresses the major obstacles facing older people who want to return to the classroom or improve their job outlook. Students may enroll for the entire series or select individual workshops.
Coming workshops include:
• Computer Maintenance, Tuesday.
• Applying for Jobs Online, Thursday. Free.
• Computer Security, July 22.
• Resume Writing, July 24. Free.
• Intro to MS Word, July 29.
• Networking for Success, July 31. Free.
• Intro to File Management, Aug. 5.
• Interviewing Skills, Aug. 7. Free.
The registration deadline is three days before the workshop. Workshops are $12 each unless otherwise stated. Call (727) 816-3439 or visit phsc.edu/encore.
Educating entrepreneurs: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a free business seminar, "How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants," from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.