Networking and mixers
BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Lisa Cornett at (352) 345-1377.
Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Eastside Business Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday, Sherman Hills Golf and Country Club, 31200 Eagle Falls Drive, Ridge Manor West. Presentations by Royce Decker on the upcoming Leadercast event and Adam Brooks with an update on the East Hernando Branch Library. Call Tammy Heon at (352) 754-4405.
BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Marine Corps League Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. The cost is $9 and includes breakfast; no cost for first-time visitors. Call Marianne Zirk at (352) 340-4456.
Nature Coast Business Professionals: 8 a.m. Friday, IHOP restaurant, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip at (352) 293-4317.
CORPORATE JET SOLUTIONS EARNS CERTIFICATION: Corporate Jet Solutions, at the Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport and Technology Center, south of Brooksville, has been awarded certified repair station status by the Federal Aviation Administration.
The certification positions the business to better serve the region with increased maintenance capabilities. The certification includes maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspections and alterations of aircraft and aircraft products.
Corporate Jet Solutions has 17 full-time and two contract employees. It expects that the new business generated from the repair shop will require more employees in the near future.
HOSPITAL LAUNCHES CRITICAL CARE INTENSIVIST PROGRAM: Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill recently launched its Critical Care Intensivist Program. The program involves a team of intensivists working in conjunction with a team of other intensive care unit staffers to provide around-the-clock care in the 36-bed ICU in the hospital's north tower.
Intensivists act as team leaders, working closely with primary care physicians, specialists, therapists and staffers. They are trained to treat a broad range of complex medical conditions for patients who are critically ill.
Staff intensivists include Dr. John T. Malcynski, board certified in general surgery and surgery critical care; Dr. Ariosto E. Rosado, board certified in critical care medicine; Dr. Adrian A. Salmon, board certified in critical care medicine and internal medicine; and Dr. Omid H. Zad, board certified in critical care and internal medicine.
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services. The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
CPA FIRM ADMINISTRATOR EARNS LICENSE: Rhonda Garofano, administrator at Campbell & Co. CPAs and Preferred Financial Advisors in Spring Hill, recently earned her life, health and annuity license with the state of Florida. Garofano, who joined the firm in August, has more than 15 years of experience in office management. She also holds a Florida X-ray machine operators license and a Florida real estate license. For more information, call (352) 683-7365.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Gallery of Arts & Antiques, 259 Howell Ave., Brooksville, noon Tuesday. Call the chamber, (352) 796-0697.
• Client Focus Printing, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Wednesday. Call the chamber, (352) 796-0697.
• Raymond James & Associates, 4345 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, noon Thursday. Call Jim Aten, (352) 597-8625.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present its Leadercast event May 9 at Grace World Outreach Church, 20366 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., breakfast is at 8 a.m. and the program will be from 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event is broadcast live from Atlanta to hundreds of sites. Speakers will include Andy Stanley, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Malcolm Gladwell, Randall Wallace, Bill McDermott, Laura Schroff, Dr. Henry Cloud, Simon Sinek and Laura Bush.
This year's theme is "Beyond You." The event is open to the public. Tickets are $49 if purchased before April 1.
Partnership opportunities are available: gold event partner, $1,000; silver partner, $500; and bronze partner, $300. For more information, contact Dawn Badami at the chamber at Dawn@HernandoChamber.com.
TEACHER TIP NIGHT: Pizza Hut in Spring Hill and the Pizza Hut Book It Program will host Teacher Tip Night from 5 to 8 p.m. March 10 at 2903 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, to benefit Westside Elementary School's library.
Teachers will serve customers during the fundraiser. All tips received will help buy books for the school library. The event will include a meet-and-greet with area authors, special gift baskets and drawings for prizes, including an autographed Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck book.
The event is for dine-in only. For more information, call (352) 686-0200.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "Focused Selling Skills," noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Dade City Business Center, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103, Dade City.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:25 to 730 p.m. March 12, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 13, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 25, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email them to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.