REGISTER FOR BUSINESS EXPO: Cadence Bank invites local businesses to participate in two upcoming business expos in Hernando County.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the bank's Spring Hill branch, 1300 Pinehurst Drive, off Applegate Drive. To register, call (352) 666-5200 no later than Monday.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 16 at the bank's Brooksville branch, 14211 Powell Road, off Barclay Road. To register, call (352) 796-3109 no later than Nov. 8.
Cost is $10 per vendor. Proceeds from the Spring Hill event will benefit the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Proceeds from the Brooksville event will benefit the Dawn Center.
VOTE FOR FAVORITE BRA TO HELP BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION: Anew Dawn Complete Salon, 11219 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, will have a contest fundraiser through the end of October to benefit the Hernando County Business & Professional Women's Breast Cancer Foundation. Individuals are welcome to visit the salon and vote for their favorite bra. Votes are $1 each. Voting closes at 7 p.m. Friday. Each vote earns a raffle ticket to win a basket full of salon goodies.
To wrap things up, the salon will host a Harvest Social from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 1. The bras will be auctioned during the event, with proceeds benefiting the cause. The event will include refreshments and music. For more details, call (352) 610-4340.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to mentor small businesses. For more information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
CHAMBER WELCOMES NEW STAFF MEMBERS:The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has introduced Lisa Kiddon and Anita Hawkins as its newest staff members.
Kiddon, who will serve as the membership representative, has a background in advertising sales, marketing, branding, market development and business solutions. She can be reached at Lisa@HernandoChamber.com.
Hawkins, who joined the staff in September, serves as communications coordinator. She has a background in advertising, public relations, digital marketing and journalism. Hawkins can be reached at Anita@Hernando Chamber.com.
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services. The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a counseling session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
RESTAURANT HELPS FIGHT AUTISM: Rookies Sports Bar & Grill, 3095 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, will host a fundraiser 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to benefit Melia's Quack Pack. The team of family and friends of 3-year-old Melia Mullins will be participating in the Walk Now For Autism Speaks walk in Orlando on Nov. 9 in honor of Melia, who has been diagnosed with autism.
Ten percent of customers' food purchases will be donated to the team. For more information, call (352) 593-4114.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• IR Staffing, at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, at noon Tuesday. Call Chris Cusker, (352) 949-2050.
• Springleaf Financial, 13159 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville, at noon Wednesday. Call Beverly Smith, (352) 596-2864.
• Nature Coast Surgical Services, 11373 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, at noon Thursday. Call Stacey Bowen, (352) 597-0224.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 6, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register and get additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the "Disney on Leadership" series at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The series, presented by Royce Decker, reviews past, present and future business practices that have made the Disney name synonymous with exemplary products and services. The goal is to provide a solid foundation for customer service, loyalty and satisfaction.
• Session 2 will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Session 3 will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 5 or from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Session 4 will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 13 or from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Dec. 17.
Cost for chamber members is $15 per class or $45 for the four-part series. The cost for nonmembers is $20 per class or $65 for the series. Register online at hernandochamber.com/events. Call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.