CAPITAL CITY BANK GIVES AWAY iPADs: Capital City Bank has announced the results of its E-statement iPad Sweepstakes, which offered clients enrolling for e-statements between Sept. 23 and Nov. 22 a chance to win a WiFi-enabled iPad valued at $500.
Ebone Plummer of Brooksville was one of 11 winners. For every 500 eligible entries, one winner was selected at random. Participation in the sweepstakes was open to all Capital City Bank communities.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to mentor small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the county.
A business consultant is available at the chamber office to provide access to all of the center's services.
The center's Hernando office is at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. To schedule a session, call Jerry Karp at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Family Dentistry/Dr. Barry J. Weber, 5080 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. Call Don Page, (352) 232-1279.
• Busy Bodies, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Wednesday. Call Cami Burreto, (352) 345-6674.
• American Toners, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Thursday. Call Janice Cobb, (352) 610-4470.
CHAMBER EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Education Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Call Tracy Echols, (352) 277-3322.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS SOUGHT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Committee meets at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Individuals interested in becoming part of the group are invited. For information, call Phil Undestad at (352) 796-1451 or Lindsey Hack at (352) 796-6000.
BUDDHIST MONK TOUR: Gaya Jyoti Yoga and Wellness Center, 12560 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, will host the Drepung Gomang Buddhist Monks tour from Jan. 17 to 25.
Opening ceremonies begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 17. Events during the week include construction of a sand mandala, sand painting workshops, evening meditation, movie night, a Momo cooking event, a Mani stone painting workshop and closing ceremonies.
A donation between $5 and $20 is requested for workshops, depending on the event.
For information, visit gayajyotiyoga.com or call (352) 610-1083.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and receive additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Advanced QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 14, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• Creating a Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, Room 151, New Port Richey.
IGNITE YOUR ONLINE MARKETING: The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida, in partnership with the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, will offer a business seminar, Ignite Your Online Marketing, from 2 to 5 p.m. Jan. 15 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The workshop will explain available online tools, how to use Adwords and how to get local exposure with Google Places.
The workshop is presented by Mark Narus.
The cost is $45 per person.
For information and to register, visit hernandochamber.com/events.
If you have business announcements to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.