Gulfside's Lutz Thrift Shoppe has moved to a new location at 1930 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Lutz. For information, call (813) 909-0485.
• • •
The Gulf Coast Medical Center announced that it has met all criteria for Laboratory Accreditation by COLA, a national healthcare accreditation organization that is approved by the federal government and sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine, and the American Osteopathic Association.
Gulf Coast Medical Center has two locations in Port Richey and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco recruitment chairwoman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. today, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Create a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Group will host its Aphrodisiac Mixer from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Zen Forrest, 4148 Rowan Road, New Port Richey.
The event will include networking, heavy hors d'oeuvres, a complimentary Zen specialty drink (chocolate martini or beer) and a cash bar. For information or to RSVP, email Jennifer Selk at email@example.com or Lorraine Cessare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cutting ceremonies during the coming week:
• Florida Hospital Zephyrhills' Center for Wound Healing, 6215 Abbott Station Drive, Zephyrhills, 6 p.m. Tuesday. An open house will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. For information, call (813) 783-1237.
• Pasco Recycling, 9150 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. An open house will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. For information, call (813) 780-7959.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its After 5 Mixer from 5:30 to 7:20 p.m. Thursday at Trinity Club Apartments, 10800 Torino Drive, Trinity. Light hors d'oeuvres and libations will be available. Call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Knowledgeable Network of Women, sponsored by the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, will have its March lunch meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 6 at the Scotland Yards Golf Club, 8900 Wire Road, Dade City.
Guest speaker will be clothing designer Tracy Negoshian.
KNOW is a personal and professional development program for women in the greater Zephyrhills area. The cost is $15 for chamber members/$20 for nonmembers. Call the chamber at (813) 782-1913. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913 or email email@example.com.
• • •
The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host the Business Expo & Taste of the Town from 4 to 7 p.m. March 15 and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 16 at the Land O'Lakes Recreation Complex, 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
The event is free and open to the public. Vendor booths and sponsorships available. For information, visit the website at CentralPascoChamber.com.
• • •
The 28th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will begin at 6 p.m. April 5 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event is hosted by the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind.
The ball, a black tie event and the kickoff to the Chasco Fiesta, is held to recognize local philanthropy and to crown a King Pithla and Queen Chasco, two community leaders who give of their time and talents to the many nonprofit organizations in the community.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. Tickets are $100 per person. For information or to RSVP, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Connections "Join Us for Java" quarterly membership meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. April 10 at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event includes networking and speakers. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber will have a business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. Cost is $11. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Tuesday.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. WPBN is made up of West Pasco businesspeople committed to helping each other grow and develop their business. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce, (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
• Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Whiskey River Sports Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A+Tax and Accounting Services. Cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.