Nominations for 2013 King Pithla and Queen Chasco are now being accepted. Nominations should be emailed to Sylvia Perez, executive director at the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, at [email protected] The deadline is Feb. 22. For information, call Tina Shelton, event chairwoman, at (727) 439-0516.
The 28th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will begin at 6 p.m. April 5 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event is hosted by the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind.
The ball, a black tie event and the kickoff to the Chasco Fiesta, is held to recognize local philanthropy and to crown a King Pithla and Queen Chasco, two community leaders who give of their time and talents to the many nonprofit organizations in the community.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. Tickets are $100 per person. For information or to RSVP, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or [email protected]
• • •
Homes by WestBay recently announced that its Ibis II model home has opened in Oak Creek, an established Wesley Chapel community of single-family homes off Handcart Road.
The Ibis II is a one-story home with four bedrooms, two baths and a two-car garage in 1,996 square feet of living space.
For information, visit westbaytampa.com.
• • •
Homes by WestBay was recently recognized for design, model merchandising, marketing and more at the recent Awards of Excellence event, hosted by the Tampa Bay Builder Association's sales and marketing council.
Homes by WestBay received seven awards, including Best Virtual Tour, Best Website, Best Floor Plans, and several for model merchandising.
WestBay sales team members received Million Dollar Circle awards, and individual members were presented awards.
Cathy Minardi received the Shining Star award; Chuck Frenz received the Salesperson of the Year award, and WestBay sales director Sally McFolling received the Sales Manager of the Year award. The Realtor of the Year, Craig Eaton of Eaton Realty, was nominated by Homes by WestBay.
Homes by WestBay was founded by Tampa Bay-area home builders Roger Gatewood and Willy Nunn. For information, visit westbaytampa.com.
• • •
Capital Secure Investments recently announced that the Regency Palms Condominiums in New Port Richey are being built just west of U.S. 19 on the corner of Main and Oelsner streets.
The project broke ground in early December and is expected to be completed in late May. Condos will be available in two- and three-bedrooms with two full baths. The 80-unit condo project includes a pool area with hot tub, playground, storage area and private garages, as well as vaulted ceilings on premium units.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Bill Eshenbaugh of Eshenbaugh Land Co. recently represented the seller on the sale of two single family lots at Silverado, located on Eiland Boulevard, west of U.S. 301 at Geiger Road in Zephyrhills. The property closed for $64,500, and the closing date was Dec. 28.
Eshenbaugh Land Co. is a Florida licensed real estate broker firm specializing in land transactions. For information, visit TheDirtDog.com or call (813) 287-8787.
• • •
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for December:
Realtor Randal Jenkins won the "Top Selling Agent by Volume" and "Top Selling Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Sean Riordan won the "Top Listing Agent by Volume" and "Top Listing Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Susanna Vizzari won the "Top Producing Agent by Volume" and the "Top Producing Agent by Units" awards.
Call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 495-2424.
• • •
Stephanie Hodson was recently promoted to vice president of marketing by the Avalon Park Group, the developers of Avalon Park West in Wesley Chapel and Avalon Park in East Orlando.
Hodson joined APG in 2003 as marketing coordinator. She was instrumental in developing many of the events and traditions that have become icons at Avalon Park, including the Avalon Park Farmers Market, Movies Under the Stars, Oktoberfest and Fourth of July Celebration. In 2012, Hodson took over responsibility for marketing Avalon Park West in Wesley Chapel.
For information, contact Eric Marks, senior vice president and chief operating officer, at (407) 658-6565.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. today, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Starting a Home Based Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or for additional information, call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present its "New Year — New Beginning" program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Speaker Maria Goodsell will present "If Freedom Is Priceless, Why Did It Cost So much?" and Cari Seybolt-Ruiz will demonstrate "All Things Paper — Handmade Crafts from A to Z."
Cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Carol at (727) 863-2605 by today.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Liberty Tax Services, 5901 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Carolle Ryan, (727) 842-8900.
• Good Shepherd Medical of Hudson, 14751 State Road 52, Suite A-105, Hudson, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Dr. Hasna Kazmouz, (727) 857-6960.
• A+ Tax & Accounting Service, 6518 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Judy Williams, (727) 847-6324.
• Trinity Pediatric Dentistry, 8804 Hawbuck St., Trinity, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Call Dr. Christopher Chuong, (727) 478-3210.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Citizen of the Month Breakfast at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Chancey Road Christian Church, 34921 Chancey Road, Zephyrhills. For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting ceremony at 5 p.m. Thursday at Pasco Regional Diagnostic Center, 7323 Green Slope Drive, Suite 101, inside the Pasco Regional Outpatient Center, Zephyrhills.
To celebrate the grand opening, tours will be available from 4 to 7 p.m. Meet the physicians and staff. The event will include refreshments and door prizes. To RSVP, call (877) 362-5321.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassadors Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 21 at North Bay Hospital, 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey.
The cost is $10 per person (cash only), and includes tax, gratuity and beverage. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Friday.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Development Week kick-off luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The speaker will be Doug Van Dyke, a leadership, collaboration and sales consultant, executive coach and strategic planner. Tickets cost $25 per person.
RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Jan. 24.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Email [email protected]
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Wednesday morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.