ASK A LAWYER: West Pasco Bar Association's annual Law Week kicks off Monday. Declan Mansfield will head up the "Ask A Lawyer" program on Wednesday. Sign-ups are available from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at CARES, Rao Musunuru Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson, and at CARES, Claude Pepper Center, 6640 Van Buren St., New Port Richey.
The program provides the general public with the opportunity to talk with local attorneys who are volunteering their time to discuss law-related questions and issues. To sign up, call (727) 844-3077 for the New Port Richey center, or (727) 863-6868 for Hudson.
Law Suits: As part of Law Week, the West Pasco Bar Association will collect professional attire and accessories for the annual Law Suits project. Clothing items suitable for job interviews and on-the-job office apparel will be divided between Connections Job Development and the Pasco-Hernando Community College's Dress for Success program. For a list of collection sites, contact Debora A. Diaz at (727) 846-1802.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• E-Marketing Concepts, 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, Regency Park Branch Library, 5701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. May 14, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• Building the Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 7 p.m. May 21, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 30, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
Nominations for Industry of the Year are being accepted by the Pasco Economic Development Council. Each year, the Pasco EDC evaluates top companies in Pasco County for their technology, innovation, job creation, growth and capital investment in the area. They also measure companies' involvement in community activities.
Nominees should be for-profit service, manufacturing or technology industries operating in Pasco County (municipalities or affiliates are excluded). The awards will be separated into divisions based on number of employees, and winners from the past five years are not eligible.
Visit pascoedc.com for information.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2014.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Bob Memoli at email@example.com.
• • •
Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco businessmen committed to helping each other grow and develop their business. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. Lunch is available for purchase in the hospital cafeteria. To RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.