Pasco Business digest for Dec. 18
BUSINESS CHALLENGE: The city of New Port Richey, in conjunction with the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce, will host the West Pasco Business Challenge as part of the 23rd annual Business Development Week activities from 3 to 5 p.m. Jan. 27 at Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
"The business challenge will be a competition intended to highlight local talent and innovators of new products and services, similar to the television show Shark Tank," said Mario Iezzoni, the city's economic development director.
Idea submissions for the challenge will be reviewed by a committee of experts who will choose 10 semifinalists to participate in an elimination round the week of Jan. 18. Four finalists will be chosen to be vetted, on stage, Jan. 27. Finalists will have five minutes to convince the "sharks" — a panel of West Pasco business leaders — that their idea is the winning one.
The "sharks" will follow with questions to determine the winner. Winners will be announced at a reception immediately after the challenge at Dulcet Restaurant & Lounge.
All West Pasco Business Challenge ideas must be submitted in writing to Mario Iezzoni, 5919 Main St., New Port Richey, FL 34652, or via email at email@example.com no later than Jan. 17.
For information, contact Joyce Haasnoot at (727) 853-1248 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit citynpr.org.
NEW PRACTICE OPENS: Gulf Coast Medical Center recently announced the opening of its new medical practice at 13740 Office Park Court, Suite F, Hudson, near Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
Gulf Coast also has two locations in Port Richey and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com or call (727) 868-2151.
CHAPTERS HEALTH ACCREDITATION: Chapters Health System affiliates recently received accreditation from the National Institute for Jewish Hospice. HPH Hospice was awarded its first accreditation, while LifePath Hospice and Good Shepherd Hospice were reaccredited for the eighth straight year.
Established in 1985, the institute makes health care providers aware of the many unique needs of terminally ill patients of the Jewish faith.
Founded in 1983, the nonprofit Chapters Health System provides choices, education and guidance for those affected by advancing age or advancing illness through its managed affiliates: Good Shepherd Hospice, HPH Hospice, LifePath Hospice and Chapters Health Palliative Care, located in Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk counties.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for Southern Sweetheart, 38424 5th Ave., Zephyrhills, at 10 a.m. Saturday. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
TRINITY MARKETPLACE: Local small businesses will gather to showcase and sell their products from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 2 at the Trinity Marketplace at the Trinity Meeting Center, 7813 Mitchell Blvd., Suite 106, in the Trinity Commons Plaza, New Port Richey.
The event will take place on the first Saturday of the month through March. Admission is free and open to the public. For information, call (727) 375-9700 or send email to events@TrinityMeetingCenter.com.
Save the date
BBQ & BLUES FESTIVAL: The sixth annual Pigz in Z'Hill BBQ & Blues Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 16 at Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills.
As the name suggests, the event features a barbecue competition, along with blues music. Visitors will be able to sample culinary creations by both professional and backyard competitors. There will be concessions, vendors, kids rides, classic cars and plenty of barbecue.
Admission is free; parking is $10. The music will start at 11 a.m., with a lineup including Coldiron, Wendy Rich & the Soulshakers, the RJ Howson Band and Damon Fowler.
For sponsorships and vendor information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6-7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.